Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2023, 04:24 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,644,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBoomers2 View Post
Just to let you and another member know: one t-shirt showed Lucifer aka Satan on the front (not a punk band) and the other one said (on the back) Satan's Sinners. So, neither had anything to do with some punk band.

!
Actually, both Satan's Sinners and Lucifer ARE also the names of rock bands and both bands sell tee shirts. Rest easy, BB2. You're surrounded by classic rockers, not devil worshippers.https://www.discogs.com/artist/7628453-Satans-Sinners https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucife...inational_band)
J. Lucifer band tee-shirts https://lucifer.kingsroadmerch.com/

Last edited by RosieSD; 09-22-2023 at 05:29 PM..

Old 09-22-2023, 05:47 PM

As for the girl in the F Covid shorts you saw, go over to the CD politics forum and you'll find dozens of people who probably have similar clothing in their closets ( or flags on their front lawns like my neighbor does). Unfortunately, that's the language some people use to make political points these days. I'm surprised you never encountered any of those folks in Larimer County. I personally think that's an unfortunate change, but it is what it is. I don't waste time worrying about it. After all, the first amendment of the U.S. Constitution protects all types of free speech, even on tee shirts and shorts and even if we don't agree with the sentiment or the way it's expressed. Too bad you've ruled out the entire state of Utah; it's probably the one place in the U.S. where you're least likely to encounter satanic rock bands and foul language on clothing. Instead, you moved to Sin City, where anything goes.

Last edited by RosieSD; 09-22-2023 at 06:02 PM..

Old 09-23-2023, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
It occurs to me that if Carson City doesn't work out, you might like some of the small towns just south of Salt Lake City. There's an annual PCRA rodeo in Heriman Utah, plus other rodeos in the area. Weather about the same if not better as Reno/carson city. Much easier drive from SLC to Las Vegas for NFR. And, you'll find mostly Christians in Utah.We just stopped in Beaver UT to have lunch and saw multiple cowboy hats being worn by locals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBoomers2 View Post
Where ever we wind up, it won't be SLC, but thanks for thinking about us again.

And, seeing multiple cowboy hats sure doesn't mean they are PRCA fans. In fact, ranch cowboys have their own association called Working Ranch Cowboys Association. We've been to one of their rodeos and most of the events aren't like a PRCA sanctioned rodeo. Basically because there's a big difference between a ranch cowboy and a rodeo cowboy.

Fun Fact: PRCA champ Cody Wright and his sons, who are known in PRCA circles as the "Wright Brothers" and who are all PRCA champions and competitors themselves, all live in and around Beaver, UT. In fact, the town of Beaver has a giant billboard with their picture on it at the entrance to town. CoBurn Bradshaw, another PCRA competitor who I hear is a rising star. also lives in Beaver. You may have seen him compete at the Cheyenne PRCA rodeo or at NFR in Las Vegas.

I'm surprised you didn't know that, being such a major PRCA rodeo fan.

I'm guessing there would at least a few of the locals we saw wearing cowboy hats in Beaver, Utah would know something about PRCA and be happy to talk about it. Same with the towns south of SLC (re-read my suggestion: I wasn't suggesting SLC -- I was very specific in mentioning the towns south of SLC and the PRCA rodeo in Herriman). But, I know that you've ruled the entire state of Utah out, so that's a moot point.

Last edited by RosieSD; 09-23-2023 at 09:05 PM..

Old 09-24-2023, 11:50 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,277,565 times
So to recap, the only places BB2 will consider are Reno and Carson City, and he won't bother to visit during the winter is because he "knows" it can't possibly be colder or snowier than Loveland, CO. Utah, Idaho, Oklahoma, and Texas are simply out of the question, despite others pointing out that a robust rodeo culture exists. Even though he admits he made a mistake by moving to Henderson sigh unseen, he's tired of people giving him meaningful advice because he refuses to listen to anyone.

Am I missing anything?

Old 09-24-2023, 01:09 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,282,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
So to recap, the only places BB2 will consider are Reno and Carson City, and he won't bother to visit during the winter is because he "knows" it can't possibly be colder or snowier than Loveland, CO. Utah, Idaho, Oklahoma, and Texas are simply out of the question, despite others pointing out that a robust rodeo culture exists. Even though he admits he made a mistake by moving to Henderson sigh unseen, he's tired of people giving him meaningful advice because he refuses to listen to anyone.

Am I missing anything?
I might have missed it but is Alaska on the eliminated list? Rodeos, more animals than people so less chance of bumping into youthful debbil worshippers. I guess weather could be a downer.

Old 09-24-2023, 04:50 PM

Alaska: The Last Frontier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area