Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 11:17 PM

13 posts, read 17,368 times

Advertisements

Argh, this is all so complicated.

OK, so P. wants to live in the living room for $560; E. wants A. to move into her room for $620, but A. doesn't want to pay more, since she's currently paying $610 for the small double. P. & A. are currently roommates. So E. asked me about the car again. She says it's not fair that I'm paying $630 for the single room with no car, while she's willing to pay $650 for the small double (as a single room). And just to note, they're claiming that my room and the small double are EXACTLY the same size. That's not true. Mine is the smallest, while the small double is a smidgen bigger, with a lot more closet space.

Sigh. What should I do? I definitely do not want to bring my car. I just feel like E. is causing all these problems because her boyfriend keeps coming over. (And I'm assuming that they want some privacy)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 05:14 AM

2,272 posts, read 6,670,074 times
Tell them that upon advice of a lawyer that you will not allow anyone to drive your car nor will you cart them around.

Can you get a neutral 3rd party to come in and do some refereeing? It is very possible that your community has a mediation program for citizens to use at a low cost, or perhaps your university offers something similar. Living with roommates can be very difficult!

Old 09-30-2010, 05:52 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,974,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatemyhousemates View Post
Argh, this is all so complicated.

OK, so P. wants to live in the living room for $560; E. wants A. to move into her room for $620, but A. doesn't want to pay more, since she's currently paying $610 for the small double. P. & A. are currently roommates. So E. asked me about the car again. She says it's not fair that I'm paying $630 for the single room with no car, while she's willing to pay $650 for the small double (as a single room). And just to note, they're claiming that my room and the small double are EXACTLY the same size. That's not true. Mine is the smallest, while the small double is a smidgen bigger, with a lot more closet space.

Sigh. What should I do? I definitely do not want to bring my car. I just feel like E. is causing all these problems because her boyfriend keeps coming over. (And I'm assuming that they want some privacy)
is this a set for some lame MTV reality show??

Old 09-30-2010, 07:22 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,405,498 times
Geesh ~~ put a board up your back, and tell them "NO", they cannot use your vehicle. the CAR is not included in the rent.

why isn't the rent divided equally in the first place? Who cares on WHO gets what room, draw straws! Grow up.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:12 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,974,680 times
I may have missed this posted earlier, but who is exactly on the lease? is it just you? if so, kick them out.. toss their **** to the curb.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:15 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
Just flat out tell them the car is out of the picture. Period. Done. End of story. Don't ask about it again.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:09 AM

52 posts, read 127,963 times
I'm curious to see how this panned out, if the OP is still even visiting this forum...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting