Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 09:02 PM

10,054 posts, read 18,107,880 times

Advertisements

Um, your dad is a millionaire but he has bad credit and so do you? And you were evicted from an apartment? And first you own a big house but it's all paid for so not on your credit, but now it's really in your dad's name? (Gee, maybe that's why it's not on your credit?)

Really?

Hmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 09:34 PM

390 posts, read 825,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Um, your dad is a millionaire but he has bad credit and so do you? And you were evicted from an apartment? And first you own a big house but it's all paid for so not on your credit, but now it's really in your dad's name? (Gee, maybe that's why it's not on your credit?)

Really?

Hmmm.
Yes. I mentioned earlier (though maybe not in this thread) that the oil and gas business my dad and I run had a business deal that went bad. My dad also ran a custom home real estate business that went bust in 2007 - he lost over three million dollars on it. We lost everything, and were very heavily in debt for about three months (after about two years of NO income, during which we lived off of savings, but eventually those evaporated), and the party that screwed us over is now in prison. We had taken the other party to court and sued his butt, but the money didn't get to us in time. We have since recovered, but those three months were enough to trash our credit. By the grace of God, we managed to get enough positive cashflow to survive after those three months. My dad owned a house and so wasn't kicked out for being three months late on mortgage payments... he had to sell off my mom's jewelry just to pay the utility bills to keep the lights on...but I lived in an apartment, and being a month late on my rent was enough to get me evicted.
Many people in business for themselves and dealing with money in the millions will sometimes find themselves at peaks and troughs... It's just the nature of business. During those troughs, our credit gets trashed. My dad's business partner was worth nearly 20 million, and he at one point had become so broke that his cell phone got disconnected. Not sure how he's doing now, though. The recession screwed over a LOT of small businesses.

My dad and I are doing well now, though. Know the Rothschild family? The investment group we are working with work with them. I actually met some of them. Pretty crazy and exciting stuff - business is looking up.

Last edited by hazergore1198; 06-29-2012 at 09:49 PM..

Old 06-29-2012, 10:18 PM

Yeah, I know the Rothschilds personally. And the Rockefellers too. And all the Kennedys, and Katie and Tom (so sad about their divorce).

Old 06-29-2012, 10:48 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,622,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazergore1198 View Post
My dad and I are doing well now, though. Know the Rothschild family? The investment group we are working with work with them. I actually met some of them. Pretty crazy and exciting stuff - business is looking up.
I have a very friendly and trusting thirteen year old dog. He wags his tail for everyone and wants to be friends. He wouldn't rent to you.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I know the Rothschilds personally. And the Rockefellers too. And all the Kennedys, and Katie and Tom (so sad about their divorce).
You think I'm kidding? Doesn't bother me. Some people just have no idea what it's like to have money, and will judge everyone else based on their lower middle class mentalities.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
I have a very friendly and trusting thirteen year old dog. He wags his tail for everyone and wants to be friends. He wouldn't rent to you.
I really don't care if you think I'm full of it. My bank account records (and my father's) and stock portfolio speak for themselves, and I can and do show this information to landlords. It's just a matter of time before I find a landlord who isn't a complete idiot.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:10 AM

Quote:
You think I'm kidding? Doesn't bother me. Some people just have no idea what it's like to have money, and will judge everyone else based on their lower middle class mentalities.
I was facetious because you are bragging, and I just get annoyed with that level of snobbery. I have no idea if you are telling the truth or not. I usually take people at face value. The fact that you write about "lower middle class mentalities" without knowing the first thing about me says a lot.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:
I was facetious because you are bragging, and I just get annoyed with that level of snobbery. I have no idea if you are telling the truth or not. I usually take people at face value. The fact that you write about "lower middle class mentalities" without knowing the first thing about me says a lot.
Eh, I'm sorry, I was out of line on that one. I didn't mean to make a judgement call on you like that.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:36 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,932,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
that post made me smile.

thanks for that.

Old 06-30-2012, 06:31 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,057,832 times
Quote:
I really don't care if you think I'm full of it. My bank account records (and my father's) and stock portfolio speak for themselves, and I can and do show this information to landlords. It's just a matter of time before I find a landlord who isn't a complete idiot.

And you can't buy a home why???? Hmmm....

If you and 'daddy' have so much money sitting around, why don't you liquidate it and buy a house?

You will not find a decent landlord to rent to you. That's obvious with what you've stated in this thread and the new thread you started.

And to answer your question..yes, landlords do rent to people without jobs. You don't have to have a job to have an income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting