Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 12:43 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,046,397 times

Advertisements

You ever have this kind of tenant?

My new tenant is a clean freak. She literally cleans every square inch.
On the one hand, she has already cleaned some things very clean.

On the other hand, she kind of complains about things being dirty. I gave the house to her in "hotel clean" condition.

My house will be cleaner than what I gave her, but this is my first ever clean freak tenant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 12:46 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,282,391 times
Hotel Clean!! LOL That's not very clean! I seen maids strip beds then just wipe hair out of the tub & commode so it LOOKS clean!

Old 06-15-2015, 12:50 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,469,020 times
I just tell them that the condition we give it to them in is the condition we expect to get it back in. Everyone's idea of "clean" is different. We clean to what we consider to be an A rating. If they like to keep the house at an A++ rating, they are more than welcome to do that, but that is above and beyond.

Every lease signing, I have this conversation with tenants. Then if they complain it was dirty, I just remind them of that conversation.

Old 06-15-2015, 01:23 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,748,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
You ever have this kind of tenant?

My new tenant is a clean freak. She literally cleans every square inch.
On the one hand, she has already cleaned some things very clean.

On the other hand, she kind of complains about things being dirty. I gave the house to her in "hotel clean" condition.

My house will be cleaner than what I gave her, but this is my first ever clean freak tenant.
I bet she's more of a complain freak.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:24 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,700,043 times
I can't believe any LL is complaining about a 'clean freak'. What next? Would you rather have it the other way around?

Old 06-15-2015, 03:16 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,234,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
I can't believe any LL is complaining about a 'clean freak'. What next? Would you rather have it the other way around?
He is complaining because he is a cheap landlord who refuses to give tenants good carpet. Hell his carpet is 20 years old in his personal home and thinks it is just like new.

Old 06-15-2015, 03:26 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,009,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post

Now this is something you and I can agree on!

The tenant will probably take better care of this unit than he does of his own home and he's complaining? Oy!

Old 06-15-2015, 03:39 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,469,020 times
These tenants do exist and they can be a minor pain. Usually, what you find is that they want a brand new house at a 30 year old house price. For example: The house had wallpaper when you saw it. The house had laminate countertops when you saw it. The house had 3 year old carpet (unstained, but not new) when you saw it. You aren't going to get the owner to upgrade to hand stamped paint, granite countertops and hardwood floors, no matter how much you complain. The "not clean" complaining tenants typically really want the house to be completely remodeled, but want to keep paying the price of a dated rental.

The upside is that they do typically take really good care of the property. The downside is they call you 5 or 6 times a week to have the same conversations over and over, no matter how many times you say no. We have rentals that are quite 70's looking still. They are undamaged, they are clean, but they are dated. Don't rent them if you don't like that.

Old 06-15-2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
He is complaining because he is a cheap landlord who refuses to give tenants good carpet. Hell his carpet is 20 years old in his personal home and thinks it is just like new.
Oh, you are correct AZ. I didn't even notice the OP's handle when I responded. Makes it even triple ridiculous So, he is finally being challenged on his dirty, grimy carpet.

Old 06-15-2015, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
These tenants do exist and they can be a minor pain. Usually, what you find is that they want a brand new house at a 30 year old house price. For example: The house had wallpaper when you saw it. The house had laminate countertops when you saw it. The house had 3 year old carpet (unstained, but not new) when you saw it. You aren't going to get the owner to upgrade to hand stamped paint, granite countertops and hardwood floors, no matter how much you complain. The "not clean" complaining tenants typically really want the house to be completely remodeled, but want to keep paying the price of a dated rental.

The upside is that they do typically take really good care of the property. The downside is they call you 5 or 6 times a week to have the same conversations over and over, no matter how many times you say no. We have rentals that are quite 70's looking still. They are undamaged, they are clean, but they are dated. Don't rent them if you don't like that.
Unfortunately Lacerta, I can't agree with you on this one considering the OP's past posts, sorry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting