Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 08:31 AM

461 posts, read 666,906 times

Advertisements

Rents in San Diego are getting very high. Your friend should make a moving plan quickly. If your friend's transportation is by bus she should consider finding a rental on her bus route to work.

Old 09-17-2016, 08:46 AM

396 posts, read 435,445 times
Where I live we, realtors show rentals- not the same in San Diego? Can't she find a realtor to drive her around to as many rentals as possible in one day- then choose one? She needs to get out asap! It will only get worse and living with that kind of stress is not good for one. She should call the police next time he enters. That is breaking and entering if under 24 hour notice and is not an emergency. Again, when you find yourself living near an unbearable neighbor or have an awful landlord- the only thing to do is move!

Old 09-17-2016, 09:37 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
I have Realtors show my rental houses but landlords can use any method they prefer including Craig's list and signage, combined with landlord showing.

Personally, I don't want the hassle, I like the exposure in the MLS, most of my experience with Craig's list (not rentals) is negative, and like I'd show a house to a stranger? Not me! It's the Realtor's job and they know the risks, and presumably have professional methods of dealing with that.

It's worth the fees I pay to Realtors to be relieved of the hassle, have the forms prepared, and know the forms were prepared properly. That's what Realtors do.

Just noting my rentals are houses and I know nothing about renting apartments.

Old 09-17-2016, 12:06 PM

32,647 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I'm posting this for a friend, not me.......the landlord enters to make repairs whenever he feels like it. He'll call her at work, and tell her that he needs to get in ASAP to check a problem or make repairs. ............Do any of you landlords and/or former landlord have any advice for her through me?....
Sure, I've got lots of good advice. Have your friend write in and ask for advice.

It sounds like your friend is ticked off because the landlord is doing repairs-- or maybe it is just you who is ticked off because her landlord is doing repairs. It seems like an odd thing to get your panties in a bunch about. Most tenants are more upset when their landlord doesn't do repairs.

Old 09-17-2016, 12:09 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
Thread Closed at OP request
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting