Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 11:09 AM

8 posts, read 8,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 11:16 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyAugusta View Post
I know that now. But that would result in being asked to move and i couldn't. It's very costly to move in California. My hands were tied.
You were already being forced to move! The situation couldn't have got any worse! You're not making sense!

Old 05-04-2017, 11:42 AM

8,390 posts, read 7,639,371 times
What steps are you taking to find a new place to live?

Old 05-04-2017, 11:57 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,651,739 times
Please note City Data does not offer/provide legal advice...

Old 05-04-2017, 12:40 PM

539 posts, read 566,303 times
What a pickle. You should have called the police. By not doing so, by allowing it by just stepping aside, you consented to it. You don't have a police report. Nothing in writing. You were living month to month. By not saying no, by going along with everything, you consented to be moved into a smaller unit also owned by the same landlord.

Is it right? No. Not at all. But I have a feeling that's how it might pan out, because now, at this point, I'm guessing you're paying for the smaller home, at least one payment. That means you accepted it. Hopefully I'm wrong and justice can still happen, but... I'm not sure it works that way if you've already "accepted" it.

Good luck!

Old 05-04-2017, 03:25 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,313,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
lol
Yep!

Old 05-04-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You were already being forced to move! The situation couldn't have got any worse! You're not making sense!
In my original post I explained that they forced me into another property a different address also belonging to them. I was being forced out of one address and being moved over to another address with a new rental agreement. If I had gotten ugly I would have been forced out of that one also.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigratingCoconut View Post
What a pickle. You should have called the police. By not doing so, by allowing it by just stepping aside, you consented to it. You don't have a police report. Nothing in writing. You were living month to month. By not saying no, by going along with everything, you consented to be moved into a smaller unit also owned by the same landlord.

Is it right? No. Not at all. But I have a feeling that's how it might pan out, because now, at this point, I'm guessing you're paying for the smaller home, at least one payment. That means you accepted it. Hopefully I'm wrong and justice can still happen, but... I'm not sure it works that way if you've already "accepted" it.

Good luck!
They had me over a barrel and they knew it. If I had resisted it would have been automatic eviction. In California they don't need a reason to evict you. But none of that negates the fact that it was done illegally and the loss of property is extreme and is fact. I did have friends there that witnessed landlords radical Behavior if that helps.

PS: ADMIN I'm not asking city data for legal advice. I'm telling my story and wondering if anyone has had similar experience and what they did about it.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
In my original post I explained that they forced me into another property a different address also belonging to them. I was being forced out of one address and being moved over to another address with a new rental agreement. If I had gotten ugly I would have been forced out of that one also.
Being forced means he was physically pulling you out. That means the police should have been involved. But they weren't. A report wasn't even filed. If someone busts in and starts throwing your property out and getting physical with you, you call law enforcement, you dial 911. Why didn't you do anything?

Old 05-04-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
They had me over a barrel and they knew it. If I had resisted it would have been automatic eviction. In California they don't need a reason to evict you. But none of that negates the fact that it was done illegally and the loss of property is extreme and is fact. I did have friends there that witnessed landlords radical Behavior if that helps.

PS: ADMIN I'm not asking city data for legal advice. I'm telling my story and wondering if anyone has had similar experience and what they did about it.
If friends were there to witness it, then SOMEONE should have had the brains to think hmmm this doesn't look right. This guy seems threatening, this is illegal. NO ONE thought any of this? Either you have bad, dumb friends, or something is being left out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
View detailed profiles of: