Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Retired Brands
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 12:38 PM

63 posts, read 61,389 times

Advertisements

I am looking to purchase a Pontiac grand prix 2003 to 2008. rust free with maintenance records. anyone out there have one for sale? I live in northeastern PA. thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 06:19 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,809,411 times
Browse cars in Pennsylvania.

Find cars for sale in Pennsylvania - AutoTrader.com

Old 02-03-2014, 09:42 AM

3,428 posts, read 3,352,261 times
Autotrader, Cars.com or Craigslist.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:43 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,881,808 times
Rustfree and Pennsylvania don't fit into the same sentence. I lived there for years and to find a clean, rustfree car you need to go south. Even in places like North Carolina you will start to see such a difference in how dry and clean the cars are, especially the undercarriage.

My Son just went to look at a car for sale here in Florida and immediately he noticed how the underside was rusty. Cars in Florida rarely look like that (except maybe beach cars.........salt air) so he knew immediately it was a northern car that someone brought down with them.

Problem is , if you take a clean car back to Pa it will not be rustfree for very long.

Don

Old 02-03-2014, 06:51 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,590,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Rustfree and Pennsylvania don't fit into the same sentence. I lived there for years and to find a clean, rustfree car you need to go south. Even in places like North Carolina you will start to see such a difference in how dry and clean the cars are, especially the undercarriage.

My Son just went to look at a car for sale here in Florida and immediately he noticed how the underside was rusty. Cars in Florida rarely look like that (except maybe beach cars.........salt air) so he knew immediately it was a northern car that someone brought down with them.

Problem is , if you take a clean car back to Pa it will not be rustfree for very long.

Don
That's only true if you don't take care of your car.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:03 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,859,471 times
the Holy Grail may be easier to find. Try the southwest for rust free cars.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:23 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,259,606 times
If you get one from the southwest, you have to worry about sun burnt and dried out interiors. lol. If it was garaged however, it may be different.

Best to look for a car from the southeast (but not from right along the coast). Anywhere in Tennessee, southern Kentucky, northern Alabama, Mississippi, central and upstate South Carolina, northern Georgia, central and western North Carolina, western Virginia, Arkansas, northern Louisiana and northern Texas would be good places to look. I live in the region, cars really don't rust here.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:47 PM

44,661 posts, read 61,729,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
If you get one from the southwest, you have to worry about sun burnt and dried out interiors. lol. If it was garaged however, it may be different.
Not true at all. I live in the Southwest in AZ and 1000's of older used cars are sold every year to easterners and mid-westerners. The majority of the cars sold are well taken care of. And yes most of them are garaged here as nearly everyone has a garage.
I bought a 1998 Buick Park Ave with only 7000 miles on it 3 years ago. Looks like new, runs great and no have had problems with it.
I recently found, for a friend in MN, a beautiful 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix, red color, black interior with new tires and only 34,000 miles. Runs and looks great, just like new. Cost $7500.00. My friend flew out picked it up and drove it back to MN, no problems, ran great and they are thrilled with the vehicle.
My neighbor advertised on CL his older nice clean Honda with 6000 miles on it and a dealer from back east bought it sight unseen for the asking price and had a car hauler pick it up and brought back.
There are a lot of used low mileage rust free vehicles for sale in the southwest that look and drive like new

Old 02-04-2014, 10:24 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,881,808 times
I am from Pa originally and when we moved to North Carolina I was in heaven with all the rustfree old cars down there. Then we moved to Southern California and it was just the same. I bought an old Cadillac when we lived in California and took it back to Pa with us when we moved back. I would come out of a store and there would be a crowd around it because no one had ever seen an old car that clean and that rustfree back East.

I remember only too well trying to get my rusted cars to pass Pa State inspection and having to cover up things like rusted out frame rails to get my sticker. I never want to see snow or rust again in my life.

Don

Old 02-05-2014, 07:29 AM

17,404 posts, read 22,161,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

Don

Actually the salt from the beach is really bad on cars, not fender/door/rocker panel rot but look underneath and anything steel is rusty! I had a newer GMC truck I sold to a relative (who lived on the beach) and later bought it back (2 years later) and when I crawled underneath I was stunned at how bad it looked (rust everywhere). Truck sat for long periods in an underground garage.

I also bought a low mile 6 year old Mercedes from a beach condo guy. Car looked great but underneath the side paneling there were rust bubbles the size of quarters. Of course the side panels (plastic) were off because I had had an accident and the rusty panels were going to get replaced anyway!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Retired Brands