Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2011, 07:18 AM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times

Advertisements

I don't know who wrote this, or if it is true, but I hope it was sent to the Senator.

(I didn’t edit this or soften it up – doesn’t it make your blood boil?)

Subj: SENATOR CALLS SENIORS "GREEDIEST GENERATION "

TELL IT LIKE IT IS...DON'T YA JUST LOVE IT!

Senator Alan Simpson Calls Seniors 'Greediest Generation'..

This person is PISSED!!!! Wish I were the one that sent this to the beloved Senator!!!! There isn't a word that is false and I am believing that many Americans are beginning to think along these same lines.......

From a man in Montana....who - like the rest of us - has just about had enough

Hey Alan,

Lets get a few things straight

1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole for FIFTY YEARS

2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63)

3. My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero ambition losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would have made Bernie Madoff proud

4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and your like pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age 67. NOW, you and your shill commission is proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN

5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now you morons propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because you idiots mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal money from Medicare to pay the bills

6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you incompetent bastards spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay of YOUR debt

To add insult to injury, you label us greedy for calling bull**** on your incompetence. Well, Captain Bull****, I have a few questions for YOU

1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?
Currently $167,000 per year

2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?
Full pay for pension even after one term

3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?
$585.00 a year.

4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and health care benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or, as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?
exempted

It is you, Captain Bull****, and your political co-conspirators who are greedy. It is you and they who have bankrupted Americaand stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers. And for what? Votes. Thats right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.

And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a *****.

Always say what you mean!!
always mean what you say!!
NEVER COMPROMISE .........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 07:24 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,514,817 times
Spot on letter I think every single Senator and Congressman should be sent a copy.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:11 AM

3,041 posts, read 7,936,527 times
He served 18 years to get around $90,000 pension plus benefits.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:17 AM

2,420 posts, read 4,371,148 times
I resent the word "served" with yearly compensation around $178,000 and wonderful benefits, plus pension for life.
I'd like to "SERVE".!!!!

Old 03-01-2011, 12:26 PM

116 posts, read 272,968 times
PDD, very well said. You should post this where it will get some visibility. Perhaps you could reply appropriately on one of conservative websites. I concur with you 100%. This political class is a very disgusting bunch and that goes for both parties right now!

Old 03-01-2011, 12:54 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,366,504 times
The only thing about the OP that I disagree with is that this was done SOLELY FOR VOTES, as it was not! There was a LOT of money involved (or should I say "misappropriated"), too.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:53 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
From what I see there is a growing nimber of younger people who want things for freee without even payig anyhtig into the system to support it.Not all but thsoe that do want the governamnt thus taxpyers to takeover where their parnts left off.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:13 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,936,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
He served 18 years to get around $90,000 pension plus benefits.
I used the word serve,did not have better word for grouch.My serve was 34 years with Bell and now retired 25 years,never a cola or increase.Pension 34 X $26.
We did have 1 percent of best 5 years but union let it go.Now said my piece!

Old 03-01-2011, 08:50 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,677,849 times
When the pie shrinks, and it definitely has, we're going to see and hear plenty of opposition to any money transfers from the whole to certain segments of society. This is getting tiresome, when the US was fat and happy nobody gave a damn about SS or even welfare for that matter, but now that the tide has turned the focus is on our parents and neighbors when we look for a scapegoat, the smart folks know who really stole the American dream but there just isn't that many smart folks left, ahhh, just another day in paradise...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement