Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 02:14 AM

106,729 posts, read 108,937,910 times

Advertisements

the newsletter i have been following for decades has taken their most conservative portfolio model and turned it into a model geared for generating income as a primary goal.

the new mix holds little equities ,its goal is to stay 70% less volatile than the s&p 500 index is while spinning off just under 4% in income.

its subject to also getting capital gains or losses as well .

due to popular demand from retirees for an income model they finally did it.

it spans almost all avenues of the fixed income markets including even owning the stocks of distressed companies in small amounts.

anyway i thought i would mention it as i know everyone is concerned about rates and income.

im pretty excited about it as i have been following their income and capital preservation model for 5 years now after following their growth model for 20 years . the conservative income and capital preservation model has been about 25-30% equities but the changes made this week totally revamped that model so much it will now be just called the income portfolio.

wish i could tell you more about it but being its a paid subscription im limited to how much i can tell you about it.

ha ha ha maybe i should do commercials?

Last edited by mathjak107; 08-02-2012 at 03:03 AM..

Old 08-02-2012, 05:14 AM

858 posts, read 2,994,212 times
Sounds like some nice info; maybe i'm missing something here, but without any details, I'm sort of lost. Are you indicating we all need to suscribe to Fidelity insight to get the full scoop?

Old 08-02-2012, 05:31 AM

106,729 posts, read 108,937,910 times
I cant and wont suggest anyone do anything .

Its really just a heads up that they do have something many retiress may have interest in.

im not sure if its a current issue but i do believe they will provide a sample copy.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:01 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,057,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc515 View Post
Sounds like some nice info; maybe i'm missing something here, but without any details, I'm sort of lost. Are you indicating we all need to suscribe to Fidelity insight to get the full scoop?
Depending of how much you are working with and if you are invested with Fidelity Mutual Funds it is worth the subscription fee. MathJak and I both subscribe and have discussed several times in PM. If you are concerned about the current market infrastructure and the lack of retail investors etc etc etc and if you are one of those gun shy retail investors and or are looking for a diversified low beta portfolio or or or it may be worth your consideration.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:06 AM

Call it ROI call it yield the days of just putting money in and getting a 6-8% return are not very likely without some sort of strategy. You can mix portfolios and they have mutiples of varying risk. I think MathJak would concur that the risk spread between their funds and the ROI are not necessarily justifying taking on the greater risk. Even once subscribed you can balance portfolios as you see fit. My wife and I have separate portfolios with them and as of today I am up over 8% and she is up over 9%. I manage both of them and it is all Fidelity funds I am talking about. We have other portfolios elsewhere but I am discussing the Fidelity ones. To summarize there are portfolios within portfolios if you are using multiple baskets.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc515 View Post
Depending of how much you are working with and if you are invested with Fidelity Mutual Funds it is worth the subscription fee. MathJak and I both subscribe and have discussed several times in PM. If you are concerned about the current market infrastructure and the lack of retail investors etc etc etc and if you are one of those gun shy retail investors and or are looking for a diversified low beta portfolio or or or it may be worth your consideration.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:55 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
It does come across that you're plugging this subscription service. If it's paid for advice that you cannot disclose then don't.

Not to sound mean, but you've posted about these great strategies/portfolios and then say you can't give details because it's a paid for subscription service.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:07 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,277,272 times
Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement