Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 02:28 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,357,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happypants 3235 View Post
I hate to be a whiner, but . . .I want to up my technology skills at a community college in another state, but that would require moving (which is a huge pain, of course), and by the time I had taken the coursework I need (to support my entrepreneurship activities), I'd be in my early '70's!

I guess I'd like to hear about others who have gone down this road.
Have you considered an online school? If you're motivated, you can probably complete the program in a shorter period of time, and wouldn't have to move if you don't want to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 05:24 PM

146 posts, read 162,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
Have you considered an online school? If you're motivated, you can probably complete the program in a shorter period of time, and wouldn't have to move if you don't want to.
Better read the rest of the thread before you get slapped down too!

Old 02-16-2015, 06:03 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,357,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwesty View Post
Wooo, thanks for bringing this to my attention!!

Old 03-10-2015, 08:48 AM

268 posts, read 290,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwesty View Post
Huh? I was courteous to the person who responded without having read the thread, even stating that I'd done as much myself, many times.

It's probably tiresome to read through a thread, especially if it's not about something that is of immediate concern. I understand. I said as much.

But then if you hadn't read through the thread, it's not going to come to your attention.

As far as being a special snowflake, that wasn't written in a negative vein, and I didn't take it that way, but it is certainly food for thought. On reflection, I don't think my parents over-rated my abilities (quite the opposite, actually) or spoiled me or gave me a sense of entitlement or superiority. I've worked incredibly hard all my life; I just don't want to "retire." I want to die in the midst of doing something interesting, not sitting around and being old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement