Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 01:22 PM

21,895 posts, read 12,991,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
There are utilitarian hair cuts/styles which are sometimes adopted by what are referred to as 'soccer moms' and 'soccer mom haircuts', not reserved just for senior or older women. The soccer mom haircuts look utilitarian, rather than trying to look the most attractive. (to people who do not find the hair cuts particularly attractive)

And there are butch hair cuts which are sometimes adopted by gay/lesbian women who intend to look more masculine and as a signal of their orientation so others in their tribe recognize them as gay, and it is also a point of identification with a group for them. These haircuts are sometimes adopted by gay women of all ages, including seniors.

I don't think it's wrong for men to have opinions on hair cuts and hair styles and voice what they find attractive, just as women have opinions on female and male hair cuts and hair styles.
Then there are short -- sometimes very short -- haircuts that are nonetheless girlish, such as a short shag with wispy bangs and flirty fringes or even buzz-cuts with edgy spikes on top. The challenge is finding a hairdresser who doesn't give you a masculine "lesbian" when what you actually requested was a feminine "pixie." Been there, done that; it was awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2019, 02:29 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,467,518 times
Maybe the men here who think all women have to do is grow out their hair and voila' it soft, silky, thick and beautiful can learn from this example.

I know that some men can grow very neat and nice looking beards and some men can't. Some beards grow in sporadically with bald patches. I've heard that those with the sparse facial hair sometimes touch it up (fill in the blanks) with hair dye.

The point us, not everyone is able to grow the same type of hair either on their head or on their face.We all have to work with what nature gave us. Maybe the this will answer the OP's and some of the men's question as to why women choose the hairstyles they do.

Old 04-28-2019, 04:17 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,451,905 times
I still think women with short hair are beautiful.

Old 04-28-2019, 11:45 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,539,370 times
I recently went from a short tousled pixie that my husband adored, to a longer asymmetrical bob which makes me irrationally happy but he can take or leave.

We agree (without need to discuss it much) that it's my decision. As his beard/scruff is his decision.

Sexy is as sexy feels, no matter your age or length of your hair(s). We both feel pretty damn sexy, once a week.

Old 04-29-2019, 06:22 AM

57 posts, read 51,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
I still think women with short hair are beautiful.
Remember when Halle Berry had very short hair? I think she never looked more beautiful. It just brought focus to her features.

It doesn't work that way for everyone, but I was sorry to see her grow her hair.

Old 04-29-2019, 09:26 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,772,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatlamp View Post
Remember when Halle Berry had very short hair? I think she never looked more beautiful. It just brought focus to her features.

It doesn't work that way for everyone, but I was sorry to see her grow her hair.
You need a beautiful or pretty face to wear short hair because you can’t hide behind anything.

Old 04-29-2019, 09:53 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,316,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
You need a beautiful or pretty face to wear short hair because you can’t hide behind anything.
How can you hide behind hair unless you have a "cousin it" do?

Old 04-29-2019, 10:26 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,668,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
How can you hide behind hair unless you have a "cousin it" do?
You just can. Honestly, it's hard to pull off a Halle Berry pixie cut if you don't have fabulous bone structure. Longer hair around the sides of the face can be very helpful to some facial structures. I've had short hair for a long time, but not Halle Berry short. My face is too pudgy/doughy looking anymore to pull it off well.

Last edited by ChristineVA; 04-29-2019 at 10:46 AM..

Old 04-29-2019, 10:43 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,772,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
You just can. Honestly, it's hard to pull off a Halle Berry pixie cut if you don't have fabulous bone structure. Longer hair around the sides of the face can be very helpful to some facial structures. I've had short hair for a long time, but not Halle Berry short. I my face is too pudgy/doughy looking anymore to pull it off well.
At least I know long hair covers my funny ears.

Old 04-29-2019, 10:46 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,668,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
At least I know long hair covers my funny ears.
That too. My ears have never been attractive enough (in my mind) to just be out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement