Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 06:33 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Disappointing article...after saying there are HUNDREDS of options they basically give one very obscure one that will work for at most 1% of people. I think they're trying to keep alive the industry built around "file and suspend" for married/divorced couples to help them figure out the loopholes before they were taken way last year. Things are MUCH simpler now - aren't we lucky!?
Kiplinger isn't written to be copied and linked to a broad audience. It is written for a much more limited and affluent audience. Subscribers can tell you that most articles aren't applicable to the majority of folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 06:49 AM

106,673 posts, read 108,856,202 times
it will be close enough . if she has her own work record she can collect her own at 62 then switch ather fra to survivor if that works for her

Old 07-09-2017, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Kiplinger isn't written to be copied and linked to a broad audience. It is written for a much more limited and affluent audience. Subscribers can tell you that most articles aren't applicable to the majority of folks.
just like many of our discussions here . not everything will apply yo everyone or even most , but if whatever we discuss helps someone then that is what it's about .

i hate the comments some post that try to find someone something does not apply , and tell you that you should have a note that it does not apply under this that and the other thing .

i do enough typing without adding all the exceptions to something .

Old 07-09-2017, 08:20 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Disappointing article...after saying there are HUNDREDS of options they basically give one very obscure one that will work for at most 1% of people. I think they're trying to keep alive the industry built around "file and suspend" for married/divorced couples to help them figure out the loopholes before they were taken way last year. Things are MUCH simpler now - aren't we lucky!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Hahah - oh my! Back in the day when I subscribed to the print version I had no idea I was "peeking behind the first class curtain"!

Old 07-09-2017, 12:33 PM

it is no different than the financial forums . generally the bulk of those who frequent them have the means and interest in investing.

we all tend to migrate in to where our interest are . it is like i have no use or interest in frequenting 90% of the forums here .

Old 07-10-2017, 01:29 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
it is no different than the financial forums . generally the bulk of those who frequent them have the means and interest in investing.

we all tend to migrate in to where our interest are . it is like i have no use or interest in frequenting 90% of the forums here .
I just retired and have no interest in working or studying something in college at this time. About the only thing that might change that would be a huge lottery win. At that point I would start taking classes in investing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement