Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 05:57 AM

6,301 posts, read 4,197,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
Hilarious comments. I've had lots of plastic surgery since I was in the entertainment industry most of my life. I could write volumes. Bottom line - It's YOUR money. Do what makes you happy. It's fun being pretty, sexy. And if that is what you can afford and want, then go for it. I still donate tons of $$ so it's not like I am all selfish and the such. And I dont stash all my cash like some of the folks who think they are going to take it with them when they go. Life is for LIVING !

My daughter had her nose done and had the bump removed and it made a huge difference to her modeling career. I loved her old nose but on camera, especially as a hair model , it was distracting. I think of those people who have suffered mockery for years and finally had their ears pinned back. Neither surgeries are necessary procedures yet they make a huge difference to the quality of life for some people.

Carpe diem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2017, 09:55 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,652,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
Lucky you but a shame to judge others based on your experience.
You're missing the point - my "experience" is that I accepted I am aging. That's it.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:56 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,652,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
My daughter had her nose done and had the bump removed and it made a huge difference to her modeling career. I loved her old nose but on camera, especially as a hair model , it was distracting. I think of those people who have suffered mockery for years and finally had their ears pinned back. Neither surgeries are necessary procedures yet they make a huge difference to the quality of life for some people.

Carpe diem
Plastic surgery to correct deformity is a completely different subject.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
You're missing the point - my "experience" is that I accepted I am aging. That's it.

I didn't miss the point at all however sometimes it's not always to do with what we accept but what others don't and how it affects your life and career. I am also lucky in that I fully accept my aging, and it doesn't make a difference to my choice of work

Old 12-30-2017, 10:03 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
The definition of "deformity" is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:19 AM

8,151 posts, read 8,350,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
The definition of "deformity" is in the eye of the beholder.
I have no idea how it happened but when I was about 50, a sudden ring of red appeared on my neck, mid-neck, that conforms to my jawline. Now, at age 68, its still there but riddled with wrinkles — while the rest of my neck is normal. This is something I seriously consdier correcting with plastic surgery.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Like someone else said "deformity" is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 12-30-2017, 11:34 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
I've not had plastic surgery but if I could afford it I'd do it in a minute. Around 55 my eyes puffed and got dark circles that never left. I'd have that fixed. And my chin/jawline. And the bat wings. Mine are especially big because I used to be obese, and they didn't shrink with the rest of me when I lost weight. They impact my clothing choices because many tops are made with sleeves for slender arms so I can't even get them on. I wear a size 4 top but my arms are probably size 10 or 12. So that's the only practical surgery I want, the rest is cosmetic only.

I don't think I'd ever go to the lengths of having stuff injected to fill out my face. Everyone I know who has had that done looks pretty plastic, and I'm going for a more natural look. However, I would have botox or some type of filler in the vertical lines between my eyebrows because everyone always thinks I'm angry.

BTW I personally know a couple of men who got plastic surgery. They were both around 50, and both had only cosmetic procedures. Totally not medically necessary.

Old 12-30-2017, 11:55 AM

8,765 posts, read 5,055,756 times
Reminds me of Joan Rivers.....when she said ....Am I smiling yet

Old 12-30-2017, 01:36 PM

12,042 posts, read 8,421,785 times
It's a challenge to keep accepting the changes because, well, things keep changing! But I try to keep up because I believe that good mental health is one of the keys to being an attractive person. And I think accepting myself is a good idea.

These days the changes I make are usually the ones which make me feel better. I figure the better I feel the more pleasant I am to be around and that works for me.

My health is very good and I can tell by looking in the mirror that that makes a big difference in appearance. I'm not dogged about it and break my own rules now and then but in general have made a change here, a change there in my habits over the years enough to make a difference.

We're all a package - body, mind and spirit and an improvement in any area benefits any other area.

Probably about once a decade I'll do some shift in the colors I wear in makeup and clothing and that makes me feel a little freshened up. But I like to keep my inner self freshened up too - free of guilt, anger and all the bugaboos that can make me an ugly person. That inner maintenance is a full time job, I think.

Laughter and smiles are attractive on everyone and I've learned that life is too short to waste time on anything other than enjoying it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement