Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 03:13 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,546,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post

Wait till you have to take those teeny tiny pills. And you'd never say that about the horse pills if you had to take the pills I took after my aneurysm. I had to take 2 of them every 4 hours for 3 weeks straight. When we picked them up at the pharmacy, they filled an entire shopping bag.

My BP pills are so small that a 90 day supply fit into the smallest size pill bottle. I have no trouble getting one pill out and putting it in my mouth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 03:56 PM

7,778 posts, read 6,387,704 times
I bought some OTC pills a couple of weeks ago. When I goot home and opened the bottle, I said "these aren't horse pills, they are elephant pills". They are the biggest I have ever seen.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:33 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
I bought some OTC pills a couple of weeks ago. When I goot home and opened the bottle, I said "these aren't horse pills, they are elephant pills". They are the biggest I have ever seen.
Isn’t that a good thing if they are male enhancement products🤗
Not saying that’s what you got

Old 08-24-2018, 07:22 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,966,169 times
maybe blister packs will take care of this? anyway, more are on the way:

In Western Europe, most prescription medicines are sold in blister packs too.
More reasons apply to prescribed drugs, such as reducing pharmacy dispensing errors.
Americans are strongly resistant to blister packs, prescription or not, but more blister packaging is in our future.

https://parade.com/636468/marilynvos...blister-packs/

Old 08-24-2018, 10:00 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,597,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
I see that your major exercise seems to be jumping to conclusions.
No. Actually if some social worker saw my pills they would say that this needs a review. And the review would conclude that OK, these are my pills that I really do need (except the iron and vitamin C supplements maybe).

And that would be all good.

Old 08-25-2018, 12:30 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
...The worst problem I have with pills is sometimes the lid is too hard to get off the bottle. When I get one of those bottles, I put the pills in a plastic baggie and stuff the baggie in the bottle, leaving the bottle lid off.

Do you know that, if your pills are in one of those child-proof bottles, you can turn flip the lid over and put it on on backwards. The smaller circle on top of the cap is designed to fit snugly into the opening of the bottle.

Not all bottles are designed this way but most child-proof varieties have this added function.
Attached Thumbnails
Can the pills possibly get any smaller?-childproof-bottle-jpg.jpg  

Old 08-25-2018, 01:24 AM

2,129 posts, read 1,777,169 times
The ones I have trouble with are those dang Sudafed. Remember when you used to be able to get a bottle of 100? But NOOOOOOO. Now you can only get them in the pop-out foil packs. The NAME BRAND Sudafed. Little red pills. Generic versions don't do what I'm about to describe.

So you pull out one of these sheets with the pills in little bubbles with the foil back. And you're supposed to bend a corner back and then supposedly the foil will peel off and you can take the pill out. And you need to do this twice, 2 pills, per dose.

I swear peeling that foil off is 10x harder than it needs to be. Half the time it either leaves too much behind so I'm trying to pull it off with a finger nail, OR - the pill leaps out of that bubble past my desperately reaching fingers and takes a suicide dive down the drain.

YEEEE ARRRRGH!

EDIT: Read this after posting the above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
maybe blister packs will take care of this? anyway, more are on the way:

In Western Europe, most prescription medicines are sold in blister packs too.
More reasons apply to prescribed drugs, such as reducing pharmacy dispensing errors.
Americans are strongly resistant to blister packs, prescription or not, but more blister packaging is in our future.

https://parade.com/636468/marilynvos...blister-packs/
YEAH I'M RESISTANT!!! They'd better prescribe me someone to open the dang things for me too, then! LOL!

Old 08-25-2018, 01:45 AM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times
agree, blister packs are the devil to get open!

Old 08-25-2018, 02:30 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
The ones I have trouble with are those dang Sudafed. Remember when you used to be able to get a bottle of 100? But NOOOOOOO. Now you can only get them in the pop-out foil packs. The NAME BRAND Sudafed. Little red pills. Generic versions don't do what I'm about to describe.

So you pull out one of these sheets with the pills in little bubbles with the foil back. And you're supposed to bend a corner back and then supposedly the foil will peel off and you can take the pill out. And you need to do this twice, 2 pills, per dose.

I swear peeling that foil off is 10x harder than it needs to be. Half the time it either leaves too much behind so I'm trying to pull it off with a finger nail, OR - the pill leaps out of that bubble past my desperately reaching fingers and takes a suicide dive down the drain.
Don't bother peeling it back . Poke a hole in it with your fingernail and then push it out from the other side

Old 08-25-2018, 03:46 AM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times
what fingernails? :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement