Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 07:25 AM

19,815 posts, read 9,381,719 times

Advertisements

Good? Bad? Sad? Mixed?

Mine were mixed. I worked most days, but the time I had off was nice, although very quiet and unexciting, with just my husband. I am actually glad the holidays are over, although I did think, for the first time, about how miserable my holidays will be if I survive him, so that made me appreciate my "nice, but boring" Christmas.

So, now that it is January 2nd and the holiday season is officially over, how was your holiday season?

(And, btw, I hope everyone reading this has a very happy New Year!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 08:21 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,882,766 times
Christmas with relatives near here, tons of food and it was fun. New Years quiet with snow.

Old 01-02-2019, 08:35 AM

5,455 posts, read 4,060,534 times
Not as bad as I thought, but I'm still glad they are over. Christmas day I went to a very casual lunch at a friend's house. Just what I needed.

I gave more presents than I usually do, that put me in the spirit.

Old 01-02-2019, 10:54 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,384,455 times
only way to describe it.....
Attached Thumbnails
So, how were your holidays?-man-wash-toilet-blk-rvs.gif  

Old 01-02-2019, 11:05 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,283,607 times
Nice and quiet. Good weather.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:08 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,563,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beer belly View Post
only way to describe it.....
Aaah sorry to hear that.

My holidays were really good but I don't put huge "expectations" on them. I long ago recognized that the "currier and Ives" vision of the holidays only leads to disappointment.

I had a big family dinner on the Saturday before Christmas, which was awesome but alot of work. got to see Nieces and nephews, cousins and siblings. always a good time. Since it was before christmas I got a lot of down time afterward.

Went to see two movies with my young adult sons. One son's birthday is the 27th so we took him out to dinner.

Got to the Franklin Institute (museum here in Philly)

Off loaded a box of records and some junk in the basement.

Went to the orthopedic surgeon for a cortisone shot in the bum knee so walking around with no pain. always a good thing.

All in all a good holiday.

AND THE BIG NEWS!! STARTING MY 365 DAY COUNTDOWN TO RETIREMENT

Old 01-02-2019, 01:06 PM

705 posts, read 562,643 times
My husband and I had planned on a nice quiet Christmas day but I lost my footing and down I went on the concrete outside while letting the dogs out. I've become such a klutz!
I broke my nose, my knee, messed up my ankle and got a concussion. I made quite a mess with all the blood which made it look worse than it was, I've definitely had better days but it could have been worse. Next year will be better and I'm learning to be more careful.

Old 01-02-2019, 01:19 PM

19,815 posts, read 9,381,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the hill gang View Post
My husband and I had planned on a nice quiet Christmas day but I lost my footing and down I went on the concrete outside while letting the dogs out. I've become such a klutz!
I broke my nose, my knee, messed up my ankle and got a concussion. I made quite a mess with all the blood which made it look worse than it was, I've definitely had better days but it could have been worse. Next year will be better and I'm learning to be more careful.
Oh my gosh -- I am so sorry!! I hope your new year will be much better!

Old 01-02-2019, 01:20 PM

50,382 posts, read 64,034,538 times
Ours was the worst. Dh and I had a virus, so if we had any plans, we couldn’t have kept them anyway. We kept ourselves open to being with my DIL and granddaughter, since my son is deployed, but they must have gone out of town. It would have been nice if she had let me know.
At least we had each other, and a pretty tree, and plenty of good foods to eat. Next year, maybe we’ll just go on a cruise or something.

Old 01-02-2019, 01:28 PM

3,546 posts, read 3,119,231 times
Lots of serious bad news in the past few weeks, but we made merry as best we could. You might as well sing and dance, no matter what. I spent a lot of time in doctor's office, but looking for that silver lining means lots of time on city-data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement