Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2019, 04:26 PM

1,042 posts, read 881,341 times

Advertisements

Well, I must be turning into an angel as I age, because when I lift my arms my billowy "wings" start to flutter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 04:50 PM

357 posts, read 227,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky3vicky View Post
Well, I must be turning into an angel as I age, because when I lift my arms my billowy "wings" start to flutter.
My aunt calls those “pot roasts.”

Old 02-19-2019, 05:48 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,949,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
You are the second person to actually fall and not be able to get up, that I've heard of....hope you're ok now.

My mom did, in the bathtub. She was sitting on the edge of the tub and slipped backwards but then couldn't get turned around inside the tub. Maybe because of the sliding doors. Don't recall. Anyway, she layed there for nearly 6 hours till I got home from work. She had been running water in the sink when she sat down so that water ran all.that.time. First thing he said to me was "Turn off that water!!!". I guess just listening to it about drove her round the bend. After that, and three more falls, I got her a Life Alert.

Old 02-19-2019, 06:41 PM

17,763 posts, read 13,565,781 times
No betrayal

Just age catching up and poor habits we've had for years. So maybe, we re betraying ourselves??

Old 02-19-2019, 06:50 PM

48,663 posts, read 35,163,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
No betrayal

Just age catching up and poor habits we've had for years. So maybe, we re betraying ourselves??

It wouldn't matter if we ate organic since toddlers and exercised every day of our lives, we would still be aging.

I'm all for personal responsibility, but I think that is taking it a tad far...
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-19-2019, 07:08 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,976,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
My mom did, in the bathtub. She was sitting on the edge of the tub and slipped backwards but then couldn't get turned around inside the tub. Maybe because of the sliding doors. Don't recall. Anyway, she layed there for nearly 6 hours till I got home from work. She had been running water in the sink when she sat down so that water ran all.that.time. First thing he said to me was "Turn off that water!!!". I guess just listening to it about drove her round the bend. After that, and three more falls, I got her a Life Alert.
Oh...so sorry. The same happened to my ex MIL. It can definitely happen...

Old 02-19-2019, 07:09 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,976,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It wouldn't matter if we ate organic since toddlers and exercised every day of our lives, we would still be aging.

I'm all for personal responsibility, but I think that is taking it a tad far...

Exactly.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:51 PM

6,898 posts, read 11,292,447 times
Smile See below

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
What exactly is this body scan machine that it spits out your "energy level"? I'm intrigued.
I'm using a personal trainer. In fact, to go to this gym, you have to have one. It's actually used mostly by those over 50.

It's called a Body Scan and the printout says "In Body" - it must cost the place money to get on it because they make me wait so often (month, 6 weeks, etc)

It was very eye opening. Even my husband is really into this training and walking. We have changed our eating habits quite a bit and do feel better.

The trainer seems to really know what he is doing. A week ago, he really worked us in the legs and upper arms and I was so sore. Then, the last time, more exercises for those areas and now, I'm not as sore.

After 5 weeks, I lost 5 pounds of real weight and lost 10 pounds of actual body fat (according to the machine).

I'm not going back on the machine until March 16th and I want to see an improvement in that energy level.

I see positive changes in my husband too which makes me really happy (for me and for him).

Old 02-19-2019, 09:32 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,935,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkliny View Post
I do not see anything that is "humorous" when it comes to a decline in our physical or mental capabilities. I also failed to detect any of that in your comments.
Aw,, come on, stop being such a spoil sport ! If we older people can't laugh at ourselves, we are truly what some people depict us as...…...grouchy old farts ! Living in Florida, I see two types of senior citizens...….first group is sour and spiteful, and the other group is joyous and cheerful. The second group seem to get more out of life and not let the little aches and pains get to them.

I find a lot of what happens to us as humorous. When I stop feeling that way, close the lid on my coffin.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:23 AM

50,512 posts, read 64,443,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Aw,, come on, stop being such a spoil sport ! If we older people can't laugh at ourselves, we are truly what some people depict us as...…...grouchy old farts ! Living in Florida, I see two types of senior citizens...….first group is sour and spiteful, and the other group is joyous and cheerful. The second group seem to get more out of life and not let the little aches and pains get to them.

I find a lot of what happens to us as humorous. When I stop feeling that way, close the lid on my coffin.
My late friend, who lived in Florida, called Florida, “God’s Waiting Room”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement