Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2019, 06:38 AM

6,784 posts, read 5,509,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
How to do Tree Pose:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdln9qWYloU

It's simple, but hard to do at first. Easiest to start with your foot against your lower calf, and eventually work your way up to the thigh. NEVER PUT YOUR FOOT AGAINST YOUR KNEE! You might need to hold onto the wall or sink at first. Hold the post for the length of time it takes you to brush your teeth (brushing your teeth helps you focus on something else, by the way, which is half the challenge. If I stop think about how I'm doing the pose, that always makes me wobble.). Eventually, try to hold it for longer than that.
Oh, i could never do that pose. My knee would not let me bend it that way!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 08:06 AM

1,081 posts, read 550,838 times
As a man, reaching that age when you have to lower yourself carefully onto the toilet for fear of sitting on your sack. You have to get a little swing going before sticking the landing. These skills only come through experience; perks of aging I guess.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:40 AM

48,581 posts, read 34,987,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
As a man, reaching that age when you have to lower yourself carefully onto the toilet for fear of sitting on your sack. You have to get a little swing going before sticking the landing. These skills only come through experience; perks of aging I guess.
OMG, I laughed so hard.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-20-2019, 08:59 AM

55 posts, read 29,791 times
I have to say that I think that this is the funniest thread that I have read in a long time! Thanks greatblueheron for starting this!

While I don't have to worry about CtrlEsc's issues , I definitely relate to many of the others!

Last edited by vlb95; 02-20-2019 at 10:21 AM..

Old 02-20-2019, 09:26 AM

988 posts, read 613,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
I do think it's funny that I now brush my teeth while doing the "tree position" in yoga (doctor's suggestion to help train my body to regain balance). And my cancer therapist has me doing the chicken dance to help reduce scar tissue (yup, flapping your wings like a chicken and clapping are actually good for you).

On top of that, my dentist wants me to gargle longer now. So I've gone musical! I'm now mixing it up a little, one day gargling to a Broadway showtune, the next day seeing if I can gargle while rocking out.

This morning I was in the bathroom, doing the tree position while gargling "Stairway to Heaven." Then I got into the song so much that I started doing the chicken dance to it, too. Meanwhile my husband is on a yoga mat, doing his "cat and cow's" and saying "Wow, Led Zeppelin is the best yoga music EVER!"

Good thing nobody's posting videos of this!
This is hysterical!

Old 02-20-2019, 09:32 AM

48,581 posts, read 34,987,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuttzie View Post
This is hysterical!
Not sure how I missed Piney's post.... but that was epic!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-20-2019, 09:36 AM

15,253 posts, read 13,009,937 times
Quote:

The things I learn on C-D are priceless.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:08 AM

15,004 posts, read 12,208,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It wouldn't matter if we ate organic since toddlers and exercised every day of our lives, we would still be aging.

I'm all for personal responsibility, but I think that is taking it a tad far...

Agreed. Aging occurs regardless of our attempts to stop the process, or postpone it. It's in the natural order of things.

Can't say I'm crazy about some of the more unpleasant surprises that come with aging, but they are what they are.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:15 AM

15,004 posts, read 12,208,115 times
Quote:

ROFL!!!!!!

Inquiring minds wonder about how well that all works when one heads to the throne with a handheld two meter (amateur radio) in one hand, and a tablet in the other hand. Maybe I'll have to follow my OH there and see for myself.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:19 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,926,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Oh...so sorry. The same happened to my ex MIL. It can definitely happen...

It sure can and that's why I am SO careful about getting in and out of the shower. Well, ever since I fell and broke my hip I've been paranoid about everything that might cause me injury!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement