Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 07:44 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times

Advertisements

I find it to be a relief actually. I remember the days I'd find someone really attractive in a store, and I'd try to sneak in as many "pictures" of that person as I could, knowing I'd never see that person again. Then the accompanying sadness!

I really don't know if mankind is turning out more unattractive people or is my age a factor? Even those starring in movies, it's rare I find anyone attractive in movies today. Unless it's Jim Caviezel or Keanu Reeves in it.

Is this something that happens when you get older, and what will it be like when I turn 80?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 07:51 AM

11,103 posts, read 9,744,154 times
Nope. I think most people just are average looking anyway. I stopped getting all worked up about someone based on their appearance when I was very young. I found that many very attractive people don't have much else to recommend them. You get all interested in someone based upon looks and then they open their mouths and suddenly you realize the package is much better than the contents. I'm far more interested in their personality, sense of humor, intelligence, and any other special talents that they have.

Old 06-20-2019, 07:58 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times
Many young people still look attractive, but fewer and fewer people near my age are attractive. Some age well and look exceptional for their age. I'm probably not one of those, but still hope to attract one of those exceptional women (as the young ones aren't going to be interested!). I guess we have to adapt to the realities of aging, or become bitter and lonely.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:22 AM

2,634 posts, read 3,691,761 times
You have to kidding. Of course. Especially ME. LOL As we age, we become less attractive. And I think it's fine. As long as we're neat and clean -- I don't think being attractive is important.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:27 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
There's different types of attraction. I can find someone physically attractive but not sexually attractive, and someone not physically attractive, but sexually attractive only. And then there's also soul-like attraction.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:32 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
As I grow older I become much more aware of their ugly games

Old 06-20-2019, 08:44 AM

705 posts, read 561,804 times
To be honest I don't think in those terms. I don't go around looking for people I think are attractive. I have and always will feel that beauty comes from within as I was taught at an early age. My great grandmother was in her upper 90's when she died, she was blind, had snow white hair and lots of lines in her face. She said they told her life story. To many people they would have only seen an old woman, to me she was beautiful.

Old 06-20-2019, 09:21 AM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
No, quite the opposite. I now think that almost all children and young adults (under 30 or so) are attractive, if only for their youth (no lines, wrinkles or sags) and vitality. I only think that young adults are unattractive if they are very poorly groomed and/or wear skin tight or very short clothing on very overweight bodies. (Why so many overweight young women think that stretchy fabrics that draw one's eye to every stomach, hip or thigh bulge is beyond my understanding!)

However, I do admit that the current trend for numerous tattoos, piercings, and neon-colored hair (bright pink and blue seem to be especially prevalent in my area) is not to my liking, but I do believe in "their bodies and hair, their choice".

And when it comes to those over 30, as long as they don't catch my eye, either because they are very good-looking or very unattractive, I must admit that I just don't notice whether they are attractive or not.

Also, as a side note to the above, that is one of the reasons why with every passing decade, I spend less and less time on trying to make myself more attractive (although I continue to be well-groomed) because I figure no one really cares anyway -- and, in my case, it would be a losing battle! So, cost vs. benefit comes into play once again.

Old 06-20-2019, 09:31 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,691,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
As I grow older I become much more aware of their ugly games
Yeah. Those override any physical attractiveness, regardless of age.

Old 06-20-2019, 09:33 AM

30,487 posts, read 16,198,344 times
actually as I grow older, I care less about looks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement