Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2023, 09:44 PM

2,864 posts, read 1,810,075 times

Advertisements

Volunteering, on my feet, alot for a rummage sale, 4, 5 hours, mid-70's, come home, sit ! Day is done ! Noticed after several hours, back starting to ache, new to me. What happened ? !

Warning for me, talked to a former neighbor, late 80's? almost seemed feeble. Pretty smile, walked with a cane. She lives in a house, acre or more of land. She informed me how she hires many people who care for her home, yard.

Another friend moved from her custom built home, age 84 to an apartment, l bedroom senior apartment near her children. Her younger sister, says she's happy as a lark ! Involved in many activities, including going to the races !

The later friend, tight with her siblings, going through her belongings she wants them to have, she's letting go of "stuff" enjoying life !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2023, 05:10 PM

3,577 posts, read 4,511,910 times
I hated giving up horseback riding, too.
I’ll tell ya, sand isn’t soft. Actually quite hard, almost like concrete.
My circle gets smaller as I age.
But I’m not old!

Old 08-21-2023, 08:30 AM

18,732 posts, read 33,402,036 times
I'm at peace about giving up horseback riding, as I was no longer enjoying it, even though I moved cross country to engage in it more fully. I do dream about bicycle riding, which I've also stopped trying to pick up again. Just too concerned about broken bones. I have six dependents (senior dogs) and live otherwise alone and wouldn't have anyone to help with the dogs if I broke something important. Now I understand why people leave if they can during an icy winter. I'll be buying Yaktrax.

Old 08-22-2023, 11:58 AM

7,139 posts, read 4,546,769 times
I still walk daily and get 10k steps per day. At 69 I noticed a difference from 5 years before. When I am super busy on a daily basis I find myself taking naps when it’s done which I never did before.

I recently had my balcony enclosed and painted it. It has a vaulted ceiling and I had to get on the third rung of a ladder to paint the trim and it was terrifying because I am clumsy and have been my entire life. I used an extension pole mostly. My kids were mad at me and I am never doing that again. It’s starting to hit me that my age is starting to limit me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement