Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 01:08 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times

Advertisements

It would appear, if I take to heart what I've been reading of late, that we mens is not highly thought of by a number of the wimmins here.

It would appear we male animals of the American persuasion, care more for cars than good health, tend to be alcoholics, inattentive, ungentlemanly, insensitive, in poor health, likely unhygienic, dress like thugs and slobs in retirement, are impotent, only want nurses, cooks and housemaids (French uniforms optional), not wives, aren't the least bit attracted to or interested in women our own ages and are lower on the food chain than males elsewhere.

I propose we have our own forum on which we can beat our chests, drag our knuckles, grunt unintelligibly, guzzle adult beverages, scratch, chew and spit, pass gas and snore with abandon as we wallow in yesteryear's fashions.

Did I miss anything?

What say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 01:13 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,963,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
It would appear we male animals of the American persuasion, care more for cars than good health, tend to be alcoholics, inattentive, ungentlemanly, insensitive, in poor health, likely unhygienic, dress like thugs and slobs in retirement, are impotent, only want nurses, cooks and housemaids (French uniforms optional), not wives, aren't the least bit attracted to or interested in women our own ages and are lower on the food chain than males elsewhere.

What say you?
You got that right. What more can be said?

Old 05-04-2012, 01:15 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,963,273 times
Quote:
Did I miss anything?
Sit around all day in their undershirts like Humphrey Bogart, smoking, drinking, and watching the tube.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:28 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
Quote:

Did I miss anything?

What say you?
How about "Senior men are interested in Senior women only as nurses or purses."

Old 05-04-2012, 02:38 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
Quote:
Did I miss anything?

What say you?
Hey, I resemble some of your description! Power to the people! Ummm ... to the Men!

Old 05-04-2012, 02:42 PM

Now how did I know wimmins would provide more responses than the guys? Y'all just can't help yerselves.

Besides sittin' around in our underwear like long-dead actors, in addition to the other things we'll also be comparing the relative merits, or lack thereof, of the wimmin in our lives when we have the time between those time we're whoopin' 'n hollerin' at and about younger ones.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:55 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,593,655 times
Real men like dogs, guns, and pickups.

Real men like women who can drive a stick shift, saddle a horse, and handle a gun just as well as they can or better.

Real men may also read Latin and French.

Real women go shopping and end up buying things for their men.

Real men accompany their wives to quilting shows.

Real men and real women both try to let the other one sleep when the puppy needs to go out at 4 A.M.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:58 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
Quote:
Now how did I know wimmins would provide more responses than the guys? Y'all just can't help yerselves.

Besides sittin' around in our underwear like long-dead actors, in addition to the other things we'll also be comparing the relative merits, or lack thereof, of the wimmin in our lives when we have the time between those time we're whoopin' 'n hollerin' at and about younger ones.
I am laughing so hard I can't breathe! I knew it too. You "old geezers" still have your sense of humor; a very attractive trait in anyone of any gender.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:18 PM

But if yer not overly attached to fast cars (fast wimmin's OK unless yer married), then ya gotta at least have a yard tractor and some attachments. Bonus points an' braggin' rights if it's a John Deere; or at least that's what I told my wife when I bought mine.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:43 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
So far none of you qualify for this forum because you are not obnoxious enough.

although you might earn a few points for the tractor.

Not a one of you have mentioned flying off to Vegas for gambling, that would qualify for a few points.

BTW, my English husband thinks American men who love big cars are NUTS. Also nuts are American men who have smallish cars with huge engines, just ask HIM. He says in England you could get the small car and have a small, efficient engine but in the US they all want BIGGER everything. I try to tell him differently but in the end, I have to agree.

He's not perfect though. He loves planes. He's getting his pilot's license. A lot of the men around here own their own planes and they take him up and one is teaching him to fly.

He thinks it's CRAZY that they all have their own planes-- what a waste--but he would go in with a few others on the USE of a plane that they own jointly.

When he lived in England he was content to hang out at the airport and take Pictures of planes and keep a log. Must be the influence of the local American men!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement