Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 12:05 AM

1 posts, read 6,376 times

Advertisements

Hello, first time posting etc. etc.

I am traveling from Boston to Providence via the MBTA, and from there I need to get to East Greenwich so I can surprise my girlfriend who is running an event there. Unfortunately, I have no car, cannot rent one (18), and know no one around the area. I've visited sites and have come up with nothing. I'd rather not have to rent a bike (for an hour-long bike ride), but that is an obvious (and last option).

I was wondering if any of you people could suggest a way to get to East Greenwich using public transportation? Or at least get down the Warwick area?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 06:26 AM

9,290 posts, read 14,905,031 times
The Peter Pan buslines go from Boston to Mystic CT. You could call to see if they stop near EG.

Also Amtrak goes through RI- call them for the closest stop to EG. You might be able to get a local bus from the Warwick area for example. RI locals are part of the RIPTA.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:46 PM

120 posts, read 235,325 times
Bus 14 goes into downtown EG on RT1 (Post Rod.)

RIPTA: (http://www.ripta.com/schedules/view.php - broken link)

Old 09-28-2010, 04:26 PM

1,549 posts, read 3,056,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublex124 View Post
Hello, first time posting etc. etc.

I am traveling from Boston to Providence via the MBTA, and from there I need to get to East Greenwich so I can surprise my girlfriend who is running an event there. Unfortunately, I have no car, cannot rent one (18), and know no one around the area. I've visited sites and have come up with nothing. I'd rather not have to rent a bike (for an hour-long bike ride), but that is an obvious (and last option).

I was wondering if any of you people could suggest a way to get to East Greenwich using public transportation? Or at least get down the Warwick area?

Thanks!
You didn't say what day you are traveling? You can get to the airport in Warwick on routes 20 and 14. 14 is the better one because it is n/s to the airport and then continues thru East Greenwich to the south coast. Service is limited on weekends though on 14, then 20 is better. It just doesn't take you as far thru Warwick. Also route 3 goes into Warwick. Check the Route of the run and see which route is the best. Go to RIPTA.COM. All bus routes leave downtown Providence at Kennedy Plaza about 1/4 mile south from the train station.

Last edited by mr2448; 09-28-2010 at 04:28 PM.. Reason: corrections and additions

Old 10-03-2010, 04:59 PM

55 posts, read 166,720 times
Default Bus 14 West Bay

Bus 14 West Bay - Outbound stops at First & Main in East Greenwich (stop #5)

RIPTA: (http://www.ripta.com/schedules/schedules.php - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island