Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2021, 09:06 AM

23,722 posts, read 18,816,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Golfing is far more dangerous in the state of Massachusetts than going on garden tours in Providence.

Based on what???

I wouldn't say either are high risk activities. And of course that risk varies depending on location. It's a given that you are at a higher risk of getting robbed golfing at Franklin Park, vs. at the Vineyard. Likewise, you are at higher risk of getting robbed at a garden tour in Elmwood, vs. on Blackstone Blvd.. Point is, people should be armed with the proper information in order to make an informed decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2021, 09:21 AM

8,029 posts, read 4,720,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Based on what???

I wouldn't say either are high risk activities. And of course that risk varies depending on location. It's a given that you are at a higher risk of getting robbed golfing at Franklin Park, vs. at the Vineyard. Likewise, you are at higher risk of getting robbed at a garden tour in Elmwood, vs. on Blackstone Blvd.
Just can't help yourself. As if anyone actually attending a Providence garden tour needs personal safety advice from someone sitting in the woods of Maine - in front of his computer. LOL!

Old 05-16-2021, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
Just can't help yourself. As if anyone actually attending a Providence garden tour needs personal safety advice from someone sitting in the woods of Maine - in front of his computer. LOL!

OK then listen to the man sitting on the shores of Jamestown-in front of his computer, about a garden tour in Providence where he refuses to disclose the locations of. "LOL!"

Old 05-16-2021, 09:43 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,029,445 times
Quote:

Thanks for posting this. We put a bunch of work into our landscaping here, and these things are good for inspiration. Probably not going to do wholesale work here as a renter though. Been looking to buy in this area and there just isn't much available. It may not happen with my better half going back to Brooklyn (starting a business a month before a pandemic is bad timing) for most of the year.

No one here is on edge that I've run across living here. Non targeted occurrences continue to be incredibly rare. Its great living in such a safe city.

Maybe people that live elsewhere are shaking in their skivvies.. They're not relevant, of course.

Old 05-16-2021, 09:44 AM

8,029 posts, read 4,720,455 times
Quote:
OK then listen to the man sitting on the shores of Jamestown-in front of his computer, about a garden tour in Providence where he refuses to disclose the locations of.
I plan on attending what looks like a terrific urban garden tour. Hope I survive the experience.

Old 05-16-2021, 09:48 AM

4,433 posts, read 3,215,201 times
Quote:
Based on what???

I wouldn't say either are high risk activities. And of course that risk varies depending on location. It's a given that you are at a higher risk of getting robbed golfing at Franklin Park, vs. at the Vineyard. Likewise, you are at higher risk of getting robbed at a garden tour in Elmwood, vs. on Blackstone Blvd.. Point is, people should be armed with the proper information in order to make an informed decision.
Has either ever happened?

I mean, I guess we should be prepared for an alien invasion as well, but there are only so many risks a person can prepare themselves for. I feel pretty good when all my smoke/monoxide detectors have good batteries

Old 05-16-2021, 09:50 AM

Quote:
I plan on attending what looks like a terrific urban garden tour. Hope I survive the experience.

Would you at least be able to give us a review, or will that be considered top secret as well?

Old 05-16-2021, 09:51 AM

4,433 posts, read 3,215,201 times
Quote:
So you don't know, or choose not to disclose it? I'm sure the PPS has the well being of visitors in mind, but really what's to hide???

It's a simple basic question. Being somebody (supposedly) "in the know", I consider it a disservice to put this stuff out there while not being fully transparent and willing to give the whole scoop. We've already been through this with you before, regarding other events of theirs.
Sounds like you should contact the PPS then. I'm sure they'll answer any of your questions

Old 05-16-2021, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
Has either ever happened?

I mean, I guess we should be prepared for an alien invasion as well, but there are only so many risks a person can prepare themselves for. I feel pretty good when all my smoke/monoxide detectors have good batteries

Yes somebody was recently robbed at the Franklin Park golf course, as has been discussed in the Boston forum. MMS seems desperate to bring that topic over here to the RI forum, but I try to keep content in the appropriate place.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/bost...y-choking.html

Old 05-16-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
Sounds like you should contact the PPS then. I'm sure they'll answer any of your questions

I figured ask our local PPS "insider" here, since it might be beneficial to all viewers of this thread. He doesn't seem too eager to help, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island