Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 03:24 AM

564 posts, read 1,880,318 times

Advertisements

A number of my former coworkers left my employer for BoA- they seem very happy with it, as they are all still there up to 5 years later.

In fact we had a supervisor who was known to say inappropriate things to the younger, prettier women. My employer followed up on several complaints but nothing happened. he left for BoA and lasted three months. So they have zero tolerance for that kind of BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 06:44 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,998,298 times
How much money does your average worker their earn? Do you guys know? I mean someone who is good and can sell pretty well? Just curious.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:17 PM

20 posts, read 133,763 times
I didn't get a job offer so that is the end of that...they start out paying you 25K a year if anyone is curious I was told so by the lady interviewing me.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:50 PM

15 posts, read 74,624 times
If you sell AND service well and have some experience, especially in a call center environment, you can actuallu start from 32K. With that said, you have to make sure that you sell yourself in the interview and try to negotiate back once. Bring up your sales results and know your stats from your current or prior job. This will tell them that you are in charge of your own performance.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by six string samurai View Post
I didn't get a job offer so that is the end of that...they start out paying you 25K a year if anyone is curious I was told so by the lady interviewing me.
Did they tell you why you didn't get an offer?

Old 11-07-2008, 07:59 PM

20 posts, read 133,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumulka View Post
Did they tell you why you didn't get an offer?
I don't know most places don't give you a reason why.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumulka View Post
If you sell AND service well and have some experience, especially in a call center environment, you can actuallu start from 32K. With that said, you have to make sure that you sell yourself in the interview and try to negotiate back once. Bring up your sales results and know your stats from your current or prior job. This will tell them that you are in charge of your own performance.
Thanks for the details mumulka.

When you say "start from 32", do you mean there would be additional incentives to raise your salary on top of that? If so, what would be a realistic expectation for someone who can do very well at the job?

Old 11-08-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnrboy View Post
Thanks for the details mumulka.

When you say "start from 32", do you mean there would be additional incentives to raise your salary on top of that? If so, what would be a realistic expectation for someone who can do very well at the job?
Actually it would be a base salary, plus you can get some incentive- not much. Ususally depending on the department you work for it could be up to 750 per month. But... This is for phone positions and it all depends on the department you are applying for as well as your previous experiences.
Now about banking center sales reps. You can become a personal banker and start from about 30-32K plus bonuses as well. I am not sure how much the bonuses are. I do know that sales goal are very tough, but those who do well can move on to be Client Managers and Relationship managers and make a lot of money... a lot! But it's extremely tough and you have to be good. They make up to 10K just in bonuses per quarter plus their base salary, which is over 40K for sure. So it is true that you can move on in the company - even if you are not brown nosing, but you need to work your butt off and exceed all goals, be "spirited" meaning always advocate and support any changes within the bank -no matter how bad they are and be highly ethical. There are a lot of rules there and you better make sure you adhere to them. Otherwise you will be gone in no time. If you have questions, ask me. I have a lot of first hand information. Nothing confidential or proprietary of course.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:30 AM

My current job has me working on the phone (been at it for 5 years now) and I've always been the top rep for sales/collections. Problem is that incentives have been temporarily reduced due to some transitions that are occurring. I doubt I will leave, I love my job, but this job you are referring to sounds like a good back up plan if I ever did leave.

750 per month in incentives on top of 32K is not bad. It's less than I ake in a normal year, but this year it is actually a bit more!

I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I think I would be very good at that job to say the least; so there is always a small chance I may message you in the coming months if I decide to look for other possible work. (Though it is doubtful.)

Thanks so much for the information, it's highly appreciated I assure you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island