Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2009, 10:25 AM

75 posts, read 273,650 times

Advertisements

Hello!

Does anyone live or have any experience with the River Lofts at Ashton Mill?

I currently live in downtown Providence, and I love it. Being a short commute to work (East Providence/Rumford), able to walk to all restaurants, bars, activities, etc. All good stuff.

However, I am going to be moving from my current living situation to a small 1 bedroom or even studio (keeping it in the 1,000-1,200 max range), and weighing my options.

I've looked at the River Lofts, and they have some awesome floor plans at reasonable rates, and I loved the building. However, it's in Cumberland..and no covered parking are a few of the down sides. Does anyone have experience with this place, or Cumberland in general? I'm a mid-twenties male.

Also looking at the Promenade at the Foundry. Because of my price range, I'd probably have to stay in the studio range (which I am not opposed to), might actually keep my utilities and furnishing costs down.

Thanks for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 07:25 AM

3 posts, read 8,489 times
My wife and I walk the trail often, and have checked out Ashton Mills. You are going to lose your easy access to restaurants/bars/activities in Cumberland. Though, it seems there are lots of 'professional singles' living there. Lots of residents have dogs...we don't know if 'doggy-noise' is an issue...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island