Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 01:00 PM

5 posts, read 5,613 times

Advertisements

I am new in Richmond and for me the biggest shock was the lack of sidewalks and the horrible public transportation. I can't believe a city like Richmond do not invest and modernize their system. It is beyond me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 03:38 PM

19,272 posts, read 17,143,423 times
/\

What comparable size/age city are you comparing Richmond to?

Old 08-03-2014, 02:31 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,703,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
I'm not sure what you mean. Explain to me how this is a fantasy thread. The OP asked if light rail would be implemented in Richmond anytime soon.

In any event, I'm no more qualified than the next person giving their opinion on City-Data. I suppose it helps that I'm a City or Richmond resident at least.

Perhaps you're more qualified?
I asked you a simple question, and you refused to answer it. By that reply, you're not qualified in any of those fields. So how can you convince us not to take what you're saying with a grain of salt? You're not an auto-didactic. That is for sure.

Last edited by Joke Insurance; 08-03-2014 at 03:20 AM..

Old 08-03-2014, 07:44 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,886,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
I asked you a simple question, and you refused to answer it. By that reply, you're not qualified in any of those fields. So how can you convince us not to take what you're saying with a grain of salt? You're not an auto-didactic. That is for sure.
So, you haven't discussed what you disagree on in regard to this topic, and instead, you want my resume and no one else's. Clearly you think it's your place to interrogate the credentials of any poster you don't agree with, skipping the discussion all together.

And if you look at what I posted, I stated that I'm no more qualified than anyone else. I don't work or have a degree in those fields. This is CD and I'm stating my opinion. If you don't like or agree with my posts, fine. Either discuss the topic at hand or move along. And before temptation takes you over in a week from now, please don't bother replying to this lame argument, wasting everyone's time and ruining the thread that was actually discussing LRT in Richmond, someplace you don't even live.

Last edited by AJNEOA; 08-03-2014 at 08:13 AM..

Old 08-03-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
/\

What comparable size/age city are you comparing Richmond to?
Age is a particularly interesting factor. Many newer cities of comparable size don't have what Richmond offers.

One other thing that is interesting is that in several neighborhoods, I've noticed sidewalks missing from the north/south streets, but they're surprisingly there on the east/west streets. I'm sure there's a reason, but it beats me.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:22 AM

19,272 posts, read 17,143,423 times
/\

But my question still stands to the poster, what city(s) are they basing their experience on? It helps me to understand where they are coming from with this statement.

Old 08-15-2014, 03:26 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,703,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
/\

But my question still stands to the poster, what city(s) are they basing their experience on? It helps me to understand where they are coming from with this statement.
He will always try to divert from answering questions within context. Don't be too shocked.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
He will always try to divert from answering questions within context. Don't be too shocked.
LOL, VA Yankee was referring to the other poster for an answer, not me. Maybe you're just drunk? Didn't have your glasses on? I mean, I wouldn't call you out like this if you weren't trying to make a slow-motion attack facing the wrong direction...how strange.

And to set the record straight, what have I not sufficiently answered for you within context? You asked for my credentials and I told you I don't work in the fields you listed. What else have I not answered?

By the way, what's your opinion on light rail in Richmond? Do you have one? What do you disagree with me on? Please tell me all of your lazy off-topic posts are not because you're upset about this, which I believe is the only other instance where we've ever went back and forth...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance
That is why I made the post in past tense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance
It looks like Richmond currently has a plan for two commuter rail lines, along with light rail:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA
Uhh...past tense would be something like "used to have" or "at one point had", not "currently has"...
Another example where you say the sky is red at noon on a sunny summer day. [Twilight Zone music]

Last edited by AJNEOA; 08-18-2014 at 10:26 AM..

Old 09-09-2014, 11:54 AM

Great news for Richmond. This will be a great first step project IMO.
Richmond, Henrico win key $24.9M grant for bus rapid transit system - Local Richmond-area News - TimesDispatch.com

Old 09-09-2014, 04:30 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,945,948 times
I saw that in the news today. Hopefully it gets completed sooner rather than later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond