Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2008, 04:17 AM

445 posts, read 1,984,383 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about moving to the Richmond area.I was looking at Bon Air and had some questions.Is Bon Air an incorporated area of Richmond? Is it Richmond? Does it have a Richmond address? How is living in Bon Air? Is it safe? What is the property tax rate? How far of a drive is it to the Richmond airport?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 09:20 AM

1,799 posts, read 6,316,015 times
Bon Air is not incorporated. It is an area which straddles the Richmond City/Chesterfield County line with most of it within the county. Though in Chesterfield County, it would have a "Richmond, VA 23235" address. The real estate taxes are $0.97. Bon Air, depending on how you get there, is about 20 minutes from RIC. It is an older suburb with access to many amenities.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondpics View Post
Bon Air is not incorporated. It is an area which straddles the Richmond City/Chesterfield County line with most of it within the county. Though in Chesterfield County, it would have a "Richmond, VA 23235" address. The real estate taxes are $0.97. Bon Air, depending on how you get there, is about 20 minutes from RIC. It is an older suburb with access to many amenities.
Is there a website where i can see assessed values for houses in Bon Air? do you have any pictures of Bon Air? I looked online but couldnt find any.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:59 AM

5 posts, read 20,782 times
Default Bon Air

If you look in the http://www.TimesDispatch (broken link) in Real Estate, it's listed as area 64 & 62. (you can search that way).

Realtor.com bon air, va, Real Estate Listings and bon air, va Homes for Sale - Realtor.com

Bon Air, Virginia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chesterfield County, Virginia | Planning - Bon Air Community Profile

a house in my neighborhood (most updated homes are in the 200k and up price range).
Single Family Home - 8224 Greenock Drive, RICHMOND, VA, 23235 - Realtor.com

http://www.foresthillneighborhood.com/
(this isn't bon-air, but it is close, Stratford Hills is an excellent
neighborhood).

I moved to Bon-Air last May, many of the homes are 1950-1960's ranch/split level houses, 3bd/2bath. Most homes have basements. The school systems in Chesterfield are much better than the City schools in this area (not all Richmond City schools are like Huguenot High).

My address is Richmond, my neighborhood in particular has the county/city lines established by power lines (so one street in the neighborhood is actually Richmond).

The area is very safe, (aside from a couple nearby gas stations/convenience stores that are repeatedly robbed, but WaWa is open 24/7 and I've never felt uncomfortable stopping there late at night). You get to know your neighbors in most neighborhoods, which I think is very important. Buford Rd & Forest Hill Ave (main roads into subdivisions) have recently added sidewalks/lamp posts/landscaping.

There are also many well maintained association pools and fitness centers in the area. Robious Sports and Fitness (gym) has excellent indoor and outdoor facilities.

Bon-Air is close to two Ukrops, Wal-Mart, Kroger, Target & a health food store in one of the Ukrops shopping centers.

On the downside, if you're into take-out, dining is limited, generic Mexican and Chinese, Pizza Chains, a couple fast food places. Joe's Inn has a great menu, but everyone knows you order the Spaghetti. Midlothian Turnpike has tons to offer, with only a 10 minute drive.

Having lived on the North Side of Richmond, and in the Fan, Southside (Bon-Air) has been the best location as far as I'm concerned.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:37 AM

Thank you, Sarah. Those links were helpful.We have one kid. Hes a year old now.When he is of school age,we will send him to private school.We have one in mind thats near Bon air. Do you know if there is a Whole Foods in the Richmond area? We are vegetarians and we shop at whole foods all the time. Restaurants are not that important to us. We rarely eat out and when we do,it needs to be a kosher place. I know there aren't any kosher food places to eat in the area but i can live with that. Do you know if there is a Super target as well? Plans for one? Every time i am in the south, i get envious of the people there because they have a super target. Have you driven to Newport News? Whats a realistic travel time during the day (outside rush hour)?

Old 03-04-2008, 07:09 AM

1,799 posts, read 6,316,015 times
Newport News would take about 1 1/2 hours from Bon Air withuot congestion. There is a natural foods store called Good Foods Grocery in Bon Air, a Fresh Market is opening about 5 minutes away from Bon Air, Ellwood Thompson's is a natural/organic store about 10 minutes away, and Ukrop's has a selection of Natural/Organics as well. Whole Foods opens in Short Pump this fall with more locations to follow around the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond