Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 05:16 PM

830 posts, read 1,021,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe5 View Post

Yeah it's so great how one racist cop has inflamed the race card addicts' insanity to a fever pitch such that any fading hope for rational/objective thought and discussion is not only ignored but scorned and abhorred.

One racist cop = "systemic" racism. I'm not sure what's more pathetic, the tragic lack of vocabulary skills or the tragic lack of math skills there. Oh goody.

And if someone dares to disagree or even question it all in the slightest? Just play the almighty race card. If they don't run like scared rabbits (as most do now) just shout em down and puff your chest out in self-righteous indignation. Shades of McCarthyism. Different topic, but similar tactics and frenzied mindset.

Pardon me while I hurl.
If you think that many thousands around the world are marching and that the statues in Richmond are coming down because of "one racist cop," you have completely missed the point. You should question your own tragic lack of thoughtful analysis, reflection, vocabulary and grammar usage before expressing concern about anyone else's.

Behaving as though a problem doesn't exist - simply because you yourself haven't or can't experience it - is a privileged mindset. It's time for the statues to go...

Old 06-09-2020, 09:46 AM

2,323 posts, read 1,565,154 times
Why not just replace the Confed statues with prominent commanders of the Army of Virginia? Grant should have a statue too, of course. The concept of Monument Avenue is iconic (didn't say which ones though). Melt the old ones down and reuse it to save money.

Old 06-09-2020, 10:35 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,759,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier de Saint-George View Post
Why not just replace the Confed statues with prominent commanders of the Army of Virginia? Grant should have a statue too, of course. The concept of Monument Avenue is iconic (didn't say which ones though). Melt the old ones down and reuse it to save money.
Heeeeee hawwwww! Let's burn some books while we're destroying art!

Old 06-09-2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquest1 View Post
If you think that many thousands around the world are marching and that the statues in Richmond are coming down because of "one racist cop," you have completely missed the point. You should question your own tragic lack of thoughtful analysis, reflection, vocabulary and grammar usage before expressing concern about anyone else's.

Behaving as though a problem doesn't exist - simply because you yourself haven't or can't experience it - is a privileged mindset. It's time for the statues to go...
Of course not. People are "marching" because we're a nation of pathetic crybabies with a toddler mentality.

Old 06-09-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
Heeeeee hawwwww! Let's burn some books while we're destroying art!
Art? Some people see value in this too. I'm not proposing that statues on Monument Ave come down but replaced with the actual people who won the Civil War and have a connection with the state of VA (being the capital and all).

Old 06-09-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier de Saint-George View Post
Art? Some people see value in this too. I'm not proposing that statues on Monument Ave come down but replaced with the actual people who won the Civil War and have a connection with the state of VA (being the capital and all).
You actually said exactly that. Melt the statues down. Is that not saying the statues should come down? You want them to destroy art. Those were your words. How does Grant have a connection to VA? They should remove all statues and take all names off of places.

Old 06-09-2020, 12:02 PM

250 posts, read 182,450 times
Yes, let's remove and destroy everything relating to the Confederacy. Don't complain then when one one day your children and grandchildren tell you they don't believe the civil war ever happened because no proof of it exits.

Old 06-09-2020, 12:50 PM

5,842 posts, read 5,649,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperdiva View Post
Yes, let's remove and destroy everything relating to the Confederacy. Don't complain then when one one day your children and grandchildren tell you they don't believe the civil war ever happened because no proof of it exits.
We are 20+ years into the 21st century. How significant is the Civil War to the contemporary American? I went to school in NC, MS, and CA as well as VA, and I swear to god only Virginia talked about the Civil War as more than a footnote...

It is important to mention within the developmental history of America. We're 155 years removed from the end of that era, the five minutes have been up. Virginia and maybe a few other southern states have long given that period much more significance than it's due...

Old 06-09-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
You actually said exactly that. Melt the statues down. Is that not saying the statues should come down? You want them to destroy art. Those were your words. How does Grant have a connection to VA? They should remove all statues and take all names off of places.
Lol. Context here. Monument Ave can have statues, I'm just proposing that VA has the major players of the Army of Virginia instead of the losers. I'm an Atlanta Falcons supporter, imagine Atlanta erecting statues of Matt Ryan throwing a touchdown pass and having a plaque saying "With this Matt Ryan TD reception, the Atlanta Falcons went ahead on the New England Patriots by the score of 28-3. Matthew Ryan is legendary for his play in SB LI." If you know what really happened, you'd be embarrassed of the sugarcoat.

You can create the statue but just change it into another person. Take video and picture of the older ones so the Confederacy crowd can remember their idols. If they're going to remove them, might as well replace them with the actual victors of the war.

Last edited by Chevalier de Saint-George; 06-09-2020 at 01:38 PM..

Old 06-09-2020, 01:58 PM

1,023 posts, read 916,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperdiva View Post
Yea, cause Holocaust deniers only exist because of the lack of Hitler statues lol.

Also, in regards to the last line, do you think an African American from Virginia needs a confederate statue to teach their kids about the Civil War? Let's be real here. Even for non black people in Richmond. There are enough people here with direct ties to the confederacy that their home collections of confederate memorabilia would put a statue to shame. I mean, who even looked at a statue and thought "You know, I had always doubted that this war even happened but now that I've seen this statue that wasn't erected during the war I definitely know it happened"? lol. C'mon man lol. Proof? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond