Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 12:58 PM

1,820 posts, read 4,493,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt357 View Post
wegmans is overrated , safeway blows it away they even deliver
Sorry, Matt. I have lived in Jersey, PA,MD and am originally from Roch.. In Md our choices were; Safeway,Food Lion or Giant. ( Wegmans is slowly making it's way in areas there.) Safeway was comparable to Food Lion in cleanliness, customer service & product availability & that's not a good thing. The only difference is Safeway cost 2x more than Food Lion.
Wegman's blows them all away!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 01:51 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,626,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMD67 View Post
Sorry, Matt. I have lived in Jersey, PA,MD and am originally from Roch.. In Md our choices were; Safeway,Food Lion or Giant. ( Wegmans is slowly making it's way in areas there.) Safeway was comparable to Food Lion in cleanliness, customer service & product availability & that's not a good thing. The only difference is Safeway cost 2x more than Food Lion.
Wegman's blows them all away!
Food Lion? ewww. I'm so sorry! I had them in South Carolina and they were sooo dirty, old, and outdated. Looked like they were built in 1950 and last cleaned then. There was one in North Carolina that was brand new that was pretty good. I was very surprised at how bad they are since the same company owns them and Hannaford. Hannaford is NOTHING like Food Lion. Much cleaner and updated.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:45 AM

244 posts, read 417,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Considering, Wegman's is the #1 grocery store in the country, I wouldn't say it's overrated. If you've ever lived anywhere where you only had access to crappy grocery stores that aren't open past 10 pm during the week and 9 pm on weekends, then you'd be super thankful for Wegman's.

Safeway isn't everywhere. Never heard of them and they aren't in my neck of the woods. I have Wegman's, Tops, and Big M in my area. I'm happy with them. I prefer Wegman's, but do shop the other two for sale items.

And I would never have my groceries delivered. I want to pick out what I purchase. What I consider a fresh, good looking pepper and what others would grab are not equal. I am VERY fussy about produce and how my bags are packed so delivery is never going to happen here. Other people don't care and that's fine for them. I can't tell you how many times I've had eggs and bread bagged with things they never should have been. Bleach and eggs do NOT mix!

"Wegman's is the #1 grocery store in the country" you just made that up

Old 10-29-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
"Wegman's is the #1 grocery store in the country" you just made that up
Nope. There have been numerous polls done. There was one last year that said Wegman's had been #1 9 out of 11 years.

The Best Supermarkets In The Country, As Ranked By 'Consumer Reports'

Wegmans tops Consumer Reports grocery store rankings | 6abc.com

Old 10-29-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Nope. There have been numerous polls done. There was one last year that said Wegman's had been #1 9 out of 11 years.

The Best Supermarkets In The Country, As Ranked By 'Consumer Reports'

Wegmans tops Consumer Reports grocery store rankings | 6abc.com

all it talks about is wegmans without mentioning any others, hardly impartial.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:20 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,592,671 times
So what...are you suggesting that Consumer Reports....one of the most well respected national magazines, is in the tank for Wegmans? Are you serious? How delusional does one have to be to really argue something like that?

Old 10-29-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
all it talks about is wegmans without mentioning any others, hardly impartial.
Seriously? Did you read the articles? It lists out the Top 10. TEN! Not Wegman's, but all 10. One link I posted gave a page on each of the top 10. What more do you want? The president of each chain to show up at your house with a fruit basket?

Old 10-29-2012, 05:32 PM

1,820 posts, read 4,493,233 times
Quote:
Food Lion? ewww. I'm so sorry! I had them in South Carolina and they were sooo dirty, old, and outdated. Looked like they were built in 1950 and last cleaned then. There was one in North Carolina that was brand new that was pretty good. I was very surprised at how bad they are since the same company owns them and Hannaford. Hannaford is NOTHING like Food Lion. Much cleaner and updated.
Oh no, I completely agree!! Food Lion is horrible! We never went there.. But the Safeway by us wasn't much better either ....

Old 10-30-2012, 10:05 AM

Safeway is great they even deliver great for single moms

Old 10-30-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Safeway is great they even deliver great for single moms
Price Chopper and Shop Rite also deliver. Doesn't make them great. I don't know of any mother's - single or not - who have their groceries delivered. Many like to go without their children. Well worth the cost of a babysitter. For some, it's the only peace and quiet they get!

Well, there aren't any Safeway's here so you're out of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area