Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 05:37 PM

12 posts, read 21,743 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Quick question. I'm currently looking at homes in Pittsford and was wondering if there are areas within the town that are less desirable than others, kind of like the east side of Greece vs the west side.

It might just be me, but I feel like homes around Monroe Golf Club/border of Perinton are much cheaper than the rest of Pittsford. Is this simply not the case?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 05:55 PM

93,193 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Is this a serious question? I'm only asking, because we're talking about arguably the most affluent community in Upstate NY.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:27 PM

sadly yes, I'm not too familiar with the town....sorry!

Old 08-13-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijohnson55 View Post
sadly yes, I'm not too familiar with the town....sorry!
No need to apologize. I was just kidding. This information may give you an idea about the area: Census Tract 012202 in Monroe County, New York

This census block group is just east of that census tract: Census Block Group 011902-4 in Monroe County, New York

Old 08-14-2014, 10:03 AM

wow, this is great info. thank you!

Old 08-14-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijohnson55 View Post
wow, this is great info. thank you!
Your welcome and it is a pretty good site if you are curious about other information relative to an area you are interested in.

Old 02-06-2023, 01:11 AM

77 posts, read 89,924 times
This is an old thread not sure if a newer on is available. I was looking at property in pittsford and victor seems to be alot of new builds in both towns. Victor seems quiet where does everyone stop in victor do they go to pittsford area I noticed on my trip there that seemed to be where alot of stores are. Was looking to purchase a house for a rental on rt 96 in Victor. Also saw that there was supposed to be a bass pro shop going to area.Is all of Victor like Pittsford?

Old 02-06-2023, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcm1232 View Post
This is an old thread not sure if a newer on is available. I was looking at property in pittsford and victor seems to be alot of new builds in both towns. Victor seems quiet where does everyone stop in victor do they go to pittsford area I noticed on my trip there that seemed to be where alot of stores are. Was looking to purchase a house for a rental on rt 96 in Victor. Also saw that there was supposed to be a bass pro shop going to area.Is all of Victor like Pittsford?
Victor is a growing town with plenty of shopping at/around Eastview Mall. It is a part of the reason why Ontario County has been one of the fastest growing counties in the state outside of the NYC area.

Pittsford is one of, if not the most affluent town in Upstate NY. So, that plays a part in the demand/development there. If you look around Jefferson Road in the town, it is a straight shot to shopping in Henrietta, which is a shopping hub, too.

Old 02-06-2023, 05:12 AM

6,414 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Like many of the old, abruptly ended discussions, I wonder what happened to the OP.........

Old 02-06-2023, 07:33 AM

16 posts, read 8,219 times
Default Pittsford vs. Victor

Fundamentally Pittsford town and outside of downtown Victor are not that different. At their cores you have the historic village of Pittsford from before the canal went through it or a smaller downtown Victor without a canal. However it could be argued that Eastview mall is really the core of Victor. Not as many civic events/festivals happen in Victor compared to Pittsford. If you like exurban mall/sprawl, driving everywhere, and slightly quicker access to rural areas & finger lakes then Victor. If you like to be in a place with some history & walkable neighborhoods and slightly quicker access to metro Rochester then Pittsford--especially close to or in Pittsford village. I live in the immediate area and have throughly explored both. If I was choosing again I would look at being walkable to downtown Fairport over either. But they're all good in the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area