Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2009, 12:12 PM

1 posts, read 41,575 times

Advertisements

Hello all. I am 16 soon to be 17 and am dying to get my driver's license. I took my first road test back in October and failed because I was nervous and made quite a few careless mistakes. However, I noticed that the place where I took the test, Emerson and Glide Streets, had quite narrow streets and I would frequently hit the curb. I know you are allowed to take the test anywhere in the state and was wondering if anyone knew of an easier test area, perhaps with wider streets, around Monroe County. I really am a good driver, it's just that I get so nervous when I take the test. Thank you for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 01:23 PM

21 posts, read 89,721 times
I took mine in East Rochester, like 5 years ago. I thought it was pretty easy, especially considering I lived in Wayne County which of course has no traffic. Also, if you'd like to practice (which technically, I'm not sure you're *allowed* to do), you can take a drive around the DMV. And for that matter, you could take it in Wayne County, since it's it quiet there.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:30 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,865,469 times
LOL.... I took mine in ER.....A LONG time ago.... and thought it was pretty easy....I remember being shocked I didn't even have to parallel park in front of a curb.... Not saying you won't but....I was thrilled I didn't have to....

Old 09-14-2011, 06:27 PM

1 posts, read 33,699 times
I took my road test in East Rochester today. Trust me, you do NOT want to go there for a road test. The instructors are rude and they will dock you for the most meaningless things. I got docked for stopping a foot SHORT of a stop sign. This put me over the 30-point mark. Seriously, go anywhere else for a road test.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:04 PM

192 posts, read 530,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjtechnicalbase View Post
I took my road test in East Rochester today. Trust me, you do NOT want to go there for a road test. The instructors are rude and they will dock you for the most meaningless things. I got docked for stopping a foot SHORT of a stop sign. This put me over the 30-point mark. Seriously, go anywhere else for a road test.
You have to keep in mind that each instructor works all of the testing locations so there is no point in changing test sites just to avoid a particular instructor.

I originally took my road test in East Rochester back in the summer of 2010. In my opinion the Emerson and Glide is the easiest and most straightforward place to take the road test. I personally don’t like the ER site b/c it is near a school zone and many trucks also seem to use the area as a shortcut. I also though that ER’s more irregular streets made it a bit more confusing. But it’s really all personal preference I’m used to city driving so the narrow streets were really no problem for me at all. If you want more practice with city driving I would recommend driving in the neighborhoods around the RPD western district (Jay st) or Marketview heights…both are very similar to E&G and are good spots for road test drills. Good luck with your test cheers!

Old 10-09-2011, 07:02 PM

240 posts, read 557,701 times
It's kind of a drive, but Dansville has a really easy road test. I had to take my test three times before I passed. I took it in Geneseo the first time and I really didn't do that bad but I got around 90 points. The seconds time I was in Dansville and I did really bad (I ran a stop sign) but I only got 30 points, and only for the stop sign. 3rd time, Dansville, 0 points. So easy. The instructor was nice. You can take it anywhere in the state.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:18 PM

1,884 posts, read 3,445,176 times
Take it in Brockport, after rush hour in the morning.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:39 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,089,036 times
Take lessons first! Then it won't be difficult to pass, no matter where you take it.

I took mine long ago at Emerson and Glide, but there was construction work going on in the street, and I was a nervous wreck. I passed. Everybody should take lessons.

Old 11-24-2011, 01:12 PM

5 posts, read 129,796 times
Gah! I remember taking my driving test...uggh. Good luck, everyone. If all else fails, you could just do this:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ANCLAoGRfg]MOTION SICKNESS (University of California, Los Angeles 2011) - YouTube[/url]

Or not... :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area