Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2009, 09:23 AM

53 posts, read 250,290 times

Advertisements

Hey y'all, I think this is going to be my last question for the day.

So, we're closing on our house in Pittsford in about a month, and before we move in, I was thinking it might be a good idea to give the place a fresh coat of paint wherever needed. Daughter #1 wants her room pink, for instance.

We also have a couple bathrooms with wallpaper that kind of needs to go. I'm not sure how labor intensive this is, but after it's gone, I think we'd probably have the walls painted.

I have painted rooms before, and sad to say, I have not done a great job. It took forever, the finish didn't look great, and I managed to get paint on the floor. I would like to avoid that mistake again.

Anyway, can anyone recommend professional, experienced house painters (for interiors) to me?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 10:05 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,719,629 times
I know a guy that does a good job. I can ask him if he has some free time (he also teaches).

Old 04-06-2009, 08:17 PM

169 posts, read 476,465 times
I know a great handyman who lives in Pittsford

Old 04-09-2009, 07:57 AM

14 posts, read 39,173 times
Before we moved in we had the entire interior done by Christine Clendenning. She has a great crew-fast, clean and meticulous workmanship. And she was great at helping us pick colors. We get complimented on the paint job all the time. Phone number is 585-317-3843. clink007@rochester.rr.com

Old 05-18-2009, 10:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,571 times
Do NOT use Christine Clendenning. [url=http://christinescustomdesign.com/]Christine's Custom Design - Home[/url] [email]clink007@rochester.rr.com[/email] She purchased cabinets from me, broke my granite back splash. Her husband said he would replace it and then broke it into 6 more pieces. After all of that she has now refused to replace it. She also was going to take out my carpet in my hall and never came back for it. I took off $200 from the price of my cabinets for removal of cabinets and carpet. Now I am sitting with a giant bill for new granite and having to hire someone else to pull up my carpet. Her husband is very nice, but I would NEVER send anyone to her for business after what I have gone through. AWFUL. She also smoked on my property. I have emails from Christine stating "Why would you ever expect me to pay for your granite." Well, her company broke it, and her husband agreed to pay for it, took the dimensions of the granite and where to get the replacement from. Why would I expect anything else? I would never ever do business with her again. I am a very trusting generous person and Christine has changed the way I look at Rochester and Rochester's small businesses completely.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:45 AM

53 posts, read 250,290 times
Wow! Thanks Drea! Luckily, I found someone else through a reference with our builder, and I believe I can trust her to do great work.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,565 times
Default christines custom design

I used christine and her crew they were the best!!!! I have had more complements on the colors. She did 2 homes in the Home Arama, that is where I found her name. Her crew was curtious and so clean. It was a worry free experience for my children and I. My husband is OCD money is not a concern we just did not want to worry. Their lines were perfect. We had her back to do our roof, not a spec on the ground, our kids were safe from nails. I would recomend her to any one, I have - call Christine 317-3843

Old 10-09-2009, 01:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,289 times
We have used Yaros Painting to do the interior painting and exterior staining work on our 1963 cedar wood home. They did an excellent job. The owner is a very young, but professional guy who knows his stuff.

He had a crew of 7 on our house, so they finished both the interior and exterior in under 4 days. The work looks good and when we were inspecting it, Yaro (the owner) told us we could call him at anytime for any future touch ups so that we don't have to repaint the whole thing. Here is their website (it's from his card I got last year, so I am not sure if it's still up or not, check it): http://www.yarospainting.com (their number is 585.313.9248)

Hope that helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area