Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 10:40 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,651,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
I can't believe some of you don't get it. This is hysterical - I want to know where you are living! Sounds like my kind of place
There's been several threads by the same person complaining about rural life. People are sick of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2017, 11:18 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,450,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Maybe you should just stay put since you've managed to create 9 different threads complaining about the things you think are a negative. Leave the people who already live there alone. Let them enjoy their lives. You seem like a royal pain in the rear.

We get city folk like you who move to our gorgeous countryside and ###ch and moan about every damn thing. Shut up. We don't want to hear you. Yes, you have to drive 5 mph for the length of a football field behind a tractor until it's safe to pass or he pulls of. You won't die. Yes, we have to drive slowly around horse and buggies. Again, you won't die. You might actually learn to have some patience and appreciate your life. Oh who am I kidding? Oh look a deer ran into your vehicle....that's a shame..how's the deer?
This was an hysterically funny satire take on the poster that you are responding to here, who isn't on this thread and REALLY didn't start it.

Old 10-06-2017, 11:20 AM

6,312 posts, read 4,215,212 times
It's so quiet around here I can't sleep, but then when it's full moon it's even WORSE.

Old 10-06-2017, 11:40 AM

30,595 posts, read 16,276,313 times
all those free veggies people put out by the road. Free? I mean, really-that just proves how crazy country folks are.

must be lack of car exhaust fumes. affects the brain.

Old 10-06-2017, 11:45 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,649,013 times
OMG! Please tell me that people aren't so dense that they don't get this is "tongue in cheek!" Heck, even my dog would know this was sarcasm and not meant to be taken seriously! I don't even live in a rural area and I thought this was clever and hilarious. I wish I did live someplace like that. Some folks truly need to lighten up!

Old 10-06-2017, 11:49 AM

45,518 posts, read 60,746,993 times
Quote:
There's been several threads by the same person complaining about rural life. People are sick of it.
Yeah, but this thread wasn't started by that guy but by someone else making fun of him.

Old 10-06-2017, 12:01 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,548,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganGreg View Post
Yea, it's rough out where I'm moving. Here are the gripes I have found so far. More to come.

1. Can't see or smell the air. Just what are we moving to?
2. I've had to interact with my neighbors when I'm started doing something important like working in my yard. Like, what in hell do I do with the pie they just brought over?
3. Not much traffic, but when there is, they make we wait while turkeys or a 'possum is crossing up ahead. It probably made me late for something or other.
4. The local store doesn't carry fresh vegetables from China and Mexico. This makes me have to pick them from my own garden, and that takes time and water.
5. Crime abounds. This month there were three, count 'em, three DUIs. This place is crumbling at the seams; maybe I shouldn't move here.
6. No Tesla dealerships close, and even if there were, I'd have to make my own charging station from 8,000 12vdc wall transformers. Jeez.
7. Only 3G available where I am moving. I actually have to use my computer to do downloads of data instead of my tiny phone.
8. Nobody close to brag to about my new something or other.
9. Can't keep up with the Jones's. I can''t see their house, so I don't know what to do. I'm confused.

I could go on and on.
Exactly.

And here the vandalizing is out of control with deer eating everything.

Old 10-06-2017, 12:41 PM

2,998 posts, read 3,112,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
Remember:

Don't Feed the Trolls.

They only troll for attention, to instigate and get a reaction. The best way to shut them up and get rid of them is to simply not reply.
He was just joking, and I thought it was pretty funny...lol.

Old 10-06-2017, 01:40 PM

30,595 posts, read 16,276,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
Exactly.

And here the vandalizing is out of control with deer eating everything.
yea, probably ought to shoot those deer.

Old 10-06-2017, 02:49 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,566,060 times
Quote:
Please see below. I took the time to see if was the same OP. Nope. I don't knee jerk respond to threads. The OP has been around since 2013, and I also read respondses, before I post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
This was an hysterically funny satire take on the poster that you are responding to here, who isn't on this thread and REALLY didn't start it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
It's so quiet around here I can't sleep, but then when it's full moon it's even WORSE.
d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
OMG! Please tell me that people aren't so dense that they don't get this is "tongue in cheek!" Heck, even my dog would know this was sarcasm and not meant to be taken seriously! I don't even live in a rural area and I thought this was clever and hilarious. I wish I did live someplace like that. Some folks truly need to lighten up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallect View Post
He was just joking, and I thought it was pretty funny...lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yeah, but this thread wasn't started by that guy but by someone else making fun of him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living