Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 09:57 AM

70 posts, read 379,372 times

Advertisements

check metrolist.net. There are 4 bedroom homes for $289,000 & up.I bought there in 2004 & it is a great area. Quiet, parks & lake in the area. The area around Mather is a designated vernal pool wildlife area & the kids love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 10:08 AM

34 posts, read 200,616 times
wbsacto,

Thanks for the suggestion. Mather does sound interesting, and the prices look good! What about the schools in Mather? That is the Folsom-Cordova district, right?

Old 08-17-2007, 10:10 AM

34 posts, read 200,616 times
quasi888,

I'll definitely check out those WestPark models-- the prices seem so low! I'm curious to see if the lots are tiny or not. Is there any information being provided concerning when the schools will open?

Old 08-17-2007, 11:04 AM

238 posts, read 1,316,259 times
The lots are understandably smallish for this price range. However, they are nowhere near as bad as I have seen in other areas, like some of the new developments in the North Natomas areas, where you essentially have no backyard. The models we saw had backyards that are big enough for relaxing and entertaining comfortably. I would estimate the lot sizes are in the low to mid 4000s. All the houses and townhomes do have 2-car garages, but they are detached and in the back of the house (adjacent to backyard). So garage access is through back alleys -- not something I would be particulary crazy about, but it's a growing trend in smaller-lot communities like this.

The elementary school (Junction) has been done for almost a year, and the middle school appears to be on schedule for completion in 2009. The main issue with the elementary school is headcount right now. When they last surveyed the community a couple months ago, they determined that there would only be about 65 students who would attend this school year (2007-2008). That's short of the 100 or so required to open the school. The district has indicated that they fully intend to open the school for the 2008-2009 school year. That actually coincides with when my son will be entering kindergarten, so the timing will be perfect for us. Most of the community's population is comprised of young families (according to my sales agent, 4 of my 5 neighbors in my cul-de-sac are families with young kids), so I don't think they'll have any problem meeting the attendance requirement. The opening of the school could be another blessing for us: my wife is a K-6 teacher, so it would be an absolute DREAM if she could get in to this school to teach. She and my son (and in a few years, my daughter) could walk 2 blocks to work/school!

Old 08-17-2007, 11:59 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cag25 View Post
wbsacto,

Thanks for the suggestion. Mather does sound interesting, and the prices look good! What about the schools in Mather? That is the Folsom-Cordova district, right?
Near there is Sunridge Park, which has some new home models in the $350-$400 K range. It is Elk Grove School District. The location is a little south east of Mather, just south of Douglass and east of Sunrise Blvd.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:00 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,703,067 times
AS a mother - I know that Mather has some new stuff happening - but to me it's too close to the "crap" of Rancho Cordova

I wouldn't live there

Old 08-17-2007, 03:45 PM

Default Mather is kind of like living on an island

There is really nothing around for 4 or 5 miles other than the Anatolia subdivision. At night the only sound we hear is the symphony of wildlife that lives in the vernal habitat.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:56 PM

The schools at Mather are Folsom Cordova district. I have an 11 year old & the great thing about Mather is they do not bus kids from other areas. All the kids that attend Mather Elementary are from Mather. That makes a huge difference in classroom size & the quality of his education. They are building a new middle school at Mather and Navigator Elementary just opened last year.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:56 PM

50 posts, read 271,022 times
I'm in the process of purchasing a house in Denby Square. I can say that the lots aren't tiny, but they're not huge either. I'd probably qualify them as cozy yet comfortable.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:20 PM

159 posts, read 810,884 times
I wouldn't move to Elk Grove or have my kids go to school there... their home prices are tanking and their
crime rate is high. I grew up in the area, and the only places I would consider to raise my family in are
Folsom, El Dorado Hills, Cameron Park, Roseville, Rocklin and Lincoln.

Last edited by lexi; 08-17-2007 at 11:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento