Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 03:44 PM

28 posts, read 178,446 times

Advertisements

Hey All,

Can anyone recommend some good restaurants in Sacramento? We are going to be in Citrus Heights next to Sunrise Mall / Birdcage and most of the places there are chains such as Olive Garden. I hope to find some good Taqueria's, Italian, Spanish Tapas, or Steak Houses in the general area. Let me know what your facvorite restaurant or bar is. We are moving next weekend and are extremely excited to be there. Thanks in advance!

Robert
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 06:52 PM

261 posts, read 1,351,291 times
Casa Raoms. On Birdcage. Just drive around, in between some of those chian stores. It is awesome. The steak fajitas are the best! The waiters sing sometimes while walking by, the margaritas are perfect, and the atmosphere is relaxed. Very reasonable prices. Warm chips and good salsa. Love it. Maybe I'll go there tonight!

Old 06-21-2007, 07:01 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,704,361 times
Nothing worth eating is in Citrus Heights IMHO

Want some realy mexican food then go down to South Sac and pick any corner

WOnderful Tapas at Tapa the World on J st

I enjoy Lucca, or Michaelangelo's for italian

midtowngrid.com, Directory for Sacramento, Midtown, Downtown Sacramento, East Sacramento and Old Saccramento Business Directory for shopping, restaurants, hotels, Sacramento's 2nd Saturday Art Walk, Entertainment and more!

That will help you find the good food

For Steak - I'd do Broiler Downtown, or even CHOPS

Really yummy is Esquire Grill too

And any out of towner I always take to Fat City in Old Sac

Old 06-21-2007, 09:39 PM

325 posts, read 1,473,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krb740 View Post
Hey All,

Can anyone recommend some good restaurants in Sacramento? We are going to be in Citrus Heights next to Sunrise Mall / Birdcage and most of the places there are chains such as Olive Garden. I hope to find some good Taqueria's, Italian, Spanish Tapas, or Steak Houses in the general area. Let me know what your facvorite restaurant or bar is. We are moving next weekend and are extremely excited to be there. Thanks in advance!

Robert
There are some great restaurants in Midtown. Lucca was already mentioned, they have great zucchini chips though the rest of the food tends to be hit or miss. Sometimes it's awesome and the next time, it's so-so. Still a great place to have a glass of wine and sit at the bar, however. The pair also recently opened Roxy on Fair Oaks in the Arden area. I've heard good things about it.

My favorite Spanish is Aioli Bodega Española. It's the closest thing to real Spanish food in these parts.

The Kitchen (bring your wallet) is one of the best restaurants in town. As is Bibi (italian).

For a small chain Mexican, hit La Fiesta. Hands-down my favorite casual Mexican in these parts. Amazing carnitas. There are a number of them around here and there's on on Greenback in CH. Good seafood, too.

Queen Sheba on Broadway in Land Park is supposed to have great Ethiopian food. I also like Addis Ababa on Alta Arden.

In Folsom, Bidwell Street Bistro is one incredible restaurant. Their duck confit is to die-for. Pachanga's is also tasty and original.

I could go on and on. Love food! Check out my friend's food blog, sacatomato.com for info on all sorts of Sacto foodstuff.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:43 PM

424 posts, read 2,697,631 times
I like the Elephant Bar at the Sunrise Mall, but it is a chain restaurant. Leatherby's (spelling?) Ice Cream palor is good for a snack when it's hot (any day in the next three months will work!). Since you are close to Roseville, there are several good restaurants including Fat's Asian Bistro. I've heard that Claim Jumpers is good, but I haven't been there. I'll let the locals let you know where the really good places are.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:05 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,882,047 times
Last time I visited, I enjoyed Lucca and Ma Jong's.

BTW - I did discover what could vie for the title of the *worst* restaurant in Sac... it's down in Old Sac and is called Annabelle's. It's a pizza buffet-type place, and has horrific watery flavorless pasta sauces and the tiniest salad bar known to humanity. They must survive only by the tourist trade who passes through Old Sac and never comes back. Truly sad, in that there are a couple very good restaurants down there.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:43 AM

424 posts, read 2,697,631 times
You are right. Annabelle's does suck....I agree with Ma Jong's and Lucca's. There are a bunch of other good restaurants downtown too. Most are close together, so if you don't like one, try another. I was trying to think of restaurants near Roseville, but downtown has a much better selection and not as many are chain restaurants.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:40 PM

325 posts, read 1,473,690 times
My favorite Sacramento restaurant is Moxie. It's on H Street, just west of 20th. Yummy food, great atmosphere and the owner, Bill, is a riot. Boisterous, friendly guy from New York who will make you anything you want. The menu is smallish, but very eclectic, so there's something for everyone. I highly recommend checking it out.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:28 AM

832 posts, read 3,854,217 times
The Brew Pub/restaurant on Madison close to Sunrise in Citrus Heights is good.

Old 06-29-2007, 02:53 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,189,511 times
Q'Bole in Old Folsom is very good. So is Chicago Fire Pizza in Old Folsom. Both worth checking out. Head down Madison until it turns into Greenback then follow that across the bridge into Old Folsom. Quite a few decent (non-chain) restuarants down there IMO. Birdcage area is mostly chain restuarants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento