Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2008, 07:28 PM

10 posts, read 18,740 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am seriously thinking of making an offer on
one of the homes in the gated "The Rivers" complex.

I already know a bit but not the finer details.
I know there is a gang injunction in Broderick, but
I'm not sure how bad the gang activity is and how
it will impact me.

When I drive around that part of WestSac it looks
like working poor (i.e. small homes, but 9 out of 10
lawns are mowed, homes nicely painted no junk vehicles
on blocks in the driveway etc.).

Any information on the Rivers Complex or on that
part of WestSac is very appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 08:58 AM

Okay. Maybe I'm being a bit too specific.
Anyone had any real experience living in the upper part of West Sac.
(i.e. directly opposite the downtown)?

This is where the gang injunction is but having drove around there during the night
it was deserted. I just found one mini-mart (i.e. alcohol store). Lawns nicely kept up as I mentioned earlier.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:59 AM

9 posts, read 34,065 times
My wife and I currently live in an older condo in the Southport area of West Sac. We regularly window shop in the Rivers as the homes are very nice in that part of town.

Some snippets we've picked up:
HOA dues are $400 per month for the Regatta Condos in the same area which share amenities with the Rivers. So I'd assume the dues are the same for the SFHs.

The gang injunction is not all that it is cracked up to be. The Broderick Boy gang tends to be more of a myth than a real problem most of the time. We encounter more problems from the meth-heads around West Capitol at the different stores we frequent.

Great high end homes in the Rivers and West Sac is a great "secret" in the Sacramento area. However, I like the Southport/Bridgeway Lakes area better.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insyder View Post
Great high end homes in the Rivers and West Sac is a great "secret" in the Sacramento area. However, I like the Southport/Bridgeway Lakes area better.
Now why is that, I'm curious

The rivers area is across from Sac downtown, where as
Bridgeway lakes is further south nearer to the industrial part of
west-sac.

Thanks!

Old 05-23-2008, 03:54 PM

9 posts, read 34,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upordown View Post
Now why is that, I'm curious

The rivers area is across from Sac downtown, where as
Bridgeway lakes is further south nearer to the industrial part of
west-sac.

Thanks!
Location, location, location.

While the Rivers is quite close to downtown, it is also quite close to the gang-injuctioned older neighborhoods of Broderick and Bryte. This proximity demands a gated community, which the Rivers is. The closest grocery shopping is the Safeway on West Capitol. It's not bad, the store is relatively clean, however you have the run down strip mall that it's located in to greet you when you want to pop out and pick up some bread and milk.

The Southport industrial area and the residential areas are quite far removed from one another and Southport offers the feel of a more suburban existence. Most everything is less than 10years old with more and more amenities coming every day.

If I bought in the Rivers, I'd likely shop in Southport.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:46 AM

1 posts, read 3,134 times
how can i get the number to brideway lakes II HOME OWNERS ASSOCATION

Old 06-21-2011, 10:08 PM

2,511 posts, read 6,296,561 times
You obviously didn't drive through the whole area. There is that nice section closer to the river, then there is the older 1950s/1960s neighborhood. It isn't really bad. It is just that it isn't that good. There are quite a few rentals. Minimum work is done in maintaining the landscape, chain link fences are the norm and the people are loud. More than anything else, there are just a lot of nuisances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
View detailed profiles of: