Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 11:07 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,801,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
I'd suggest you start looking in the neighborhoods closest to your employer, and then moving outwards from there. Start with East Sac, Elmhurst, Riverpark, midtown, Land Park. I like this website for rentals: Sacramento rental house for rent Sacramento rentals home for lease property management Folsom managers renting leasing rental property Mckinley Park East Sacramento Midtown grid, Landpark , Folson, Elk Grove, Roseville, duplex, condo and apartment re
The problem with immediately near his workplace is that is that he has teen kids. Better schools will be a must, unless he goes private.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 11:48 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,844,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
The problem with immediately near his workplace is that is that he has teen kids. Better schools will be a must, unless he goes private.
I was speaking to neighborhoods & commutes.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:51 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,844,834 times
Default Schools

This topic is discussed here:
see which local Sacramento areas have the most top-ranked schools

The link to the map is here: See which local areas have the most top-ranked schools - Data Center - The Sacramento Bee

Old 07-10-2012, 09:25 PM

28 posts, read 63,007 times
West Campus is the best public high school in Sac, and it's all open enrollment, so you can live in whichever neighborhood you want and still open-enroll your kids. They do have criteria, such as a letter of recommendation, excellent grades, etc.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:20 PM

3 posts, read 3,103 times
It appears $2-$3K for rent. At least 4 bd. 2-3 bath. Commute: Anything under 45min. Better schools and family community. Income $130-$150. Age of home is not as important as quality.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:52 AM

28 posts, read 63,007 times
With that price range, you could eaily rent in east Sac/Elmhurst/McKinley Park. Those are the nicest neighborhoods with Central Sac, and are close to your job.
If you want to live in a suburb, I'd look in Roseville/Rocklin. Both cities have excellent schools. I have lived in both, and prefer Roseville, myself. Rocklin is a little too sterile for me. Roseville has some amazing parks & activities for the kids & the whole family. They have a Downtown Tuesday open air market with food, music, etc during the Summer.
They have some very nice homes, large homes. The commute to downtown would be under 45 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento