Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 01:25 PM

3 posts, read 13,488 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm a 33 y.o. single male. My job is relocating me to Sacramento, a city I've never visited. My office is located in North Sacramento. Can anyone suggest a nice gated community in a nice area, with more younger professional tenants, which aren't very stringent on pets? (Some of these places have unfathomable deposits required for a pet.)

My budget is $1300.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 03:19 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,652,209 times
I'm assuming you're looking for an apartment and not a detached home? The complex that immediately comes to mind is the Alexan Midtown (which is in the Alhambra Triangle, not in mind, oddly enough). It's very modern, gated/secured, and extremely pet friendly (that being one of their selling points). You could also check out the L St Lofts and 1801 L Apartments. (No idea about pet-friendliness on these.) You may consider that you don't necessarily need a gate community, which does limit your choices quite a bit. Not sure what part of N Sac your office is in, but some of that area is a little sketchy, but you move away from that quite quickly as you head south. Also, as you probably guess, there just aren't that many gated and/or highrise apartment situations here, compared to NY. They're around, so you can find something if that appeals to you, but a lot of the younger professional live around Midtown, in converted Victorian housing, or in their own, generally small-ish houses. Pet-friendliness of those places will vary, of course.

Congrats on the new job and good luck in your house search!

Old 06-25-2013, 05:11 PM

3 posts, read 13,488 times
Great. Thanks for your input. My office is located in the Natomas Corporate Center. I wasn't aware that Sac wasn't much of a gated community type of city. (Shows my lack of knowledge of what seems like, a wonderful city.) I'm pretty much open to any suggestions. I'm just a single guy (+ 1 dog) who's starting a brand spanking, new chapter here. 'New' as in, I know not a single soul or have stepped foot in the state of CA.

You're right, I don't need a gated community. I'm open to living in a small-ish house, or however the single, young 30ish people tend to live in Sac. Like any single person, I'd like to meet people, make new friends.. etc.

I'm hoping for a very short commute, but I can sacrifice that for a better area. I can only rely on what I can gather on the internet, and I've found some neighboring "towns?" that seem promising. I've found, Arden-Arcade, Roseville, Davis, Citrus Heights..etc.

I'm really looking for something thats not too much of a college town (way past that age/stage), and a town thats not too family-ish either. Is there a town which is a good median between the two?

Thanks again.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:33 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,280,905 times
$1300 seems a little slim for a house, but Natomas Corporate Center is pretty close to some fairly comfortable and not too expensive residential neighborhoods--South Natomas along Truxel, or across the highway in Gateway Oaks. Either would be a very short commute--short enough to bike or walk, if you're looking for a commute that short. Most of the nightlife, dining and other interesting sorts of things take place closer to the central city, which is a few minutes' drive south of those neighborhoods, or a comfortable bike ride.

There are gated communities in the outer suburbs, but not so much in Sacramento itself except some of the newer parts.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:02 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,841,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NARS View Post
Hi, I'm a 33 y.o. single male. My job is relocating me to Sacramento, a city I've never visited. My office is located in North Sacramento. Can anyone suggest a nice gated community in a nice area, with more younger professional tenants, which aren't very stringent on pets? (Some of these places have unfathomable deposits required for a pet.)

My budget is $1300.

Thanks!
I can't think of any gated community that caters specifically to younger professional tenants, except perhaps in midtown as previously mentioned. I'm assuming your budget is for a rental. You can get a feel for some of the rentals here: 1 and 2 bedroom house for rent sacramento ca california rental house (probably pricer than you desire, though deals can sometimes be found), or HORIZON PROPERTIES -- Dozens of homes for rent in the Sacramento area

North Natomas is a planned newer development and is far nicer than So Natomas. West Sac would be a reasonable commute. There the Riva development off Village Pkwy.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:53 AM

129 posts, read 530,349 times
I am actually in (almost) the same boat as you. I have just relocated to Sacramento from Chicago, 26 years old, having never been here before. I am staying in a hotel right now on 15th and H in midtown/downtown Sac, looking for an apartment in a good neighborhood. Midtown seems to be a great place, and I have filled out a few apps at some of them, with hopes of moving in to a place by the 1st of July. I don't have much to say as far as pets, as I do not have one (but am considering a dog), however if you find a good place but it has a higher deposit, I would say go for it. Just keep the place clean, and you shouldn't have any issues recovering it when moving out.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:24 PM

3 posts, read 7,748 times
Definitely Larkspur Woods. I lived there and it is awesome. It's very safe and quiet and the apartments were recently upgraded with granite/stainless steel, etc.

Larkspur Woods Apartments For Rent in Sacramento, California - Apartment Rental and Community Details - ForRent.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento