Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2016, 10:42 PM

6,906 posts, read 8,279,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I was simply correcting one of your many errors.

Yes please do. Good luck considering the wettest place in CA only gets 95" of precipitation. Another one of your many erroneous claims, you're on a roll lol.
Obviously you don't know that precipitation includes SNOW, YEAH THE SIERRAs GET 300-500 INCHES on AVERAGE Of SNOW since they have been keeping records. I guess considering you are 4 hours away with traffic you don't make it to the Sierras very much, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 10:50 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Obviously you don't know that precipitation includes SNOW, YEAH THE SIERRAs GET 300-500 INCHES on AVERAGE Of SNOW since they have been keeping records. I guess considering you are 4 hours away with traffic you don't make it to the Sierras very much, lol.
Obviously you don't know when annual precipitation is listed in climate data it only refers to melted/liquid precipitation. Snowfall is listed separately. For someone who talks about weather so much you sure seem to get a lot of things wrong often.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:14 PM

Shall we get this thread back on topic, oh that's right you don't like it when I post nice things about Sacramento.

Sacramento is predicted to be the 4th best housing market in the nation in 2017.

Sacramento's housing market will be red hot in 2017, Realtors' site predicts | The Sacramento Bee

Old 12-22-2016, 10:42 AM

Looks like San Diego is again receiving more rain than Sacramento this week, areas yesterday got around an inch or more of rain while Sac was high and dry.

Old 12-22-2016, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Looks like San Diego is again receiving more rain than Sacramento this week, areas yesterday got around an inch or more of rain while Sac was high and dry.
Need I remind the average rainfall for the two cities:

Sacramento 18-20 inches
San Diego 8-10 inches

Old 12-23-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Need I remind the average rainfall for the two cities:

Sacramento 18-20 inches
San Diego 8-10 inches
Everyone is well aware of this, sounds like you just like to remind yourself. Guess it bothers you when SD is having a wetter week than Sac. So much so you make up false claims of a storm system being 15 degrees colder in Sac and dumping nonexistent snow lol.

Old 12-24-2016, 11:33 AM

3,472 posts, read 5,265,479 times
Quote:
Everyone is well aware of this, sounds like you just like to remind yourself. Guess it bothers you when SD is having a wetter week than Sac. So much so you make up false claims of a storm system being 15 degrees colder in Sac and dumping nonexistent snow lol.
Also, SD is more like 10 to 12 inches. I'm not aware of any cities that get under 10 inches except Chula Vista by a few hundredths. Most suburbs are about 12. Ramona even gets 15.

Old 12-24-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
What a joke, and huge exaggeration neither city has a dreary winter.

Walnut Creek temps are near identical to Sacramento all year long. See how he/she exaggerates a few degrees difference and one city is described as dreary and oppressive........so typical of you.
I grew up in WC, and the climate is very similar to Sac. Usually five degrees cooler in summer and a few degrees warmer in winter but almost identical. And same sky conditions too. Thx for the tip on the American River beaches!

Btw our pool in San Diego is getting dangerously close to overflowing. That's how much rain we've suddenly had in recent weeks. It's great but a bit too much all at once.

Old 12-25-2016, 09:45 AM

26 posts, read 41,936 times
San Diego has always seemed like "Sacramento by the Sea" to me, and Sacramento is Portland with Palm Trees and instead of a few months of sunshine and the rest of the year depressing like in PDX it's weather-wise the opposite with most of the year beautiful and comfortable to perfect and a couple months of "California Cold" And rain with highs usually in the 50s and nighttime lows in the upper 30s/low 40s on average, allergy wise Sacramento can be rough but so can San Diego and as someone with extreme allergies who has lived in both places I find less differences and more similarities...for now money will go further in Sacramento but soon it won't be a buyers market anymore because Sacramento like San Diego and Oakland is quickly becoming unaffordable for people like myself, I lived there almost 10 years ago though and in SD close to 4 years ago

Old 12-25-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernsaga007 View Post
San Diego has always seemed like "Sacramento by the Sea" to me, and Sacramento is Portland with Palm Trees and instead of a few months of sunshine and the rest of the year depressing like in PDX it's weather-wise the opposite with most of the year beautiful and comfortable to perfect and a couple months of "California Cold" And rain with highs usually in the 50s and nighttime lows in the upper 30s/low 40s on average, allergy wise Sacramento can be rough but so can San Diego and as someone with extreme allergies who has lived in both places I find less differences and more similarities...for now money will go further in Sacramento but soon it won't be a buyers market anymore because Sacramento like San Diego and Oakland is quickly becoming unaffordable for people like myself, I lived there almost 10 years ago though and in SD close to 4 years ago
Those are perfect descriptions. Finally someone else who really gets what both cities are like in many ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento