Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2008, 10:24 AM

7 posts, read 27,234 times

Advertisements

we are moving to the folsom are in a few months, but are looking to find info on what would be the best elementary schools as far as diversity and quality is concerned. our kids speak 4 languages, we have 4 nationalities in the family, and have lived in several different countries, currently brazil.

can anyone tell us what the best (by name) elementary schools are? i would like to hear especially opinions from families with hispanic and european backgrounds.

what are the best areas to live wtih little kids, as far as safety is concerned and kid-friendly neighborhoods and amenities?

we have been looking online at houses in the rancho cordova area, off of sunrise blvd corner with douglas. the houses seem awesome but there doesnt seem to be anthing around it. but many are in closed/gated communities. can i get some comments on that specific area? safety? why houses are so cheap there? kid-friendlyness? what is the new school close to it we read about? is it a elementary school?

we ideally want to stay within 5-7 miles of the outlets. what are your suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 03:01 PM

534 posts, read 1,533,298 times
Hello and welcome to the area! Folsom actually has some diversity, with quite a few Asian-Indians and Persian people. I don't live in Folsom, so I can't tell you about the schools, so hopefully someone else will.

However, are you talking about all the new homes out in the middle of nowhere in Rancho Cordova? I did look at those last year, and yes, they are in the middle of nowhere, at the moment. Eventually, I'm sure, the rest of Rancho will get developed down to there. The homes are big, and they are beautiful. BUT traffic is horrendous on Sunrise Blvd as you get near Highway 50. Also, you are near Mather Field, an airport for freight/cargo planes going in and out. I don't know if the plane noise affects those neighborhoods.

Best wishes on your move!!

Old 04-01-2008, 10:27 AM

375 posts, read 1,725,719 times
Folsom is a great place to live. I would stay out of Rancho.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:27 PM

3 posts, read 10,067 times
GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community is where you can find information about school ratings and the racial makeup of the student body. I am also moving to Folsom in a few months the lack of diversity was our only concern about the area. Folsom is beautiful with good schools, racial divers it is not. This is a very white community as you will see from the schools statistics. I would recommend staying out of Rancho Cordova. I wish you the best of luck. Amy Lee

Old 07-31-2009, 01:04 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,895,511 times
Why aren't you looking at Davis instead? The area is filled with wealthy liberals. The schools are excellent. It sounds like a better fit than Folsom. If the commute from Davis is too far, you could look at Arden Park, Sierra Oaks or Del Dayo. The public schools are comparable to Folsom, a lot closer to where you are living right now and probably a lot more liberal than Folsom.

California School Performance Maps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento