Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 10:12 PM

380 posts, read 2,351,370 times

Advertisements

Anyone else having problems running MLS searches on the sacbee.com site? If I run my usual search (which usually netted 40+ matches), I now get only 16 (and I doubt that many were sold in a week). But if I take out my preference for 2+ garages, I get 49 matches, including several homes that should've made it in the original search.

I emailed the sacbee folks but no response. Anyone else having problems?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 10:52 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,703,067 times
I use ziprealty for my searches - they have the same houses as Sac Bee as far as I can see

Old 04-04-2008, 11:17 PM

I didn't want to give ziprealty my contact info. But I guess I could use fake info? Thanks!

Old 04-05-2008, 08:42 AM

1 posts, read 9,494 times
try Sacramento Real Estate Worked for me.

Old 04-05-2008, 02:33 PM

111 posts, read 463,143 times
Try MetroList Homes and real estate in northern California - MetroList the official MLS

That is the MLS site where all the data for almost all the other sites is coming from. They just did a big upgrade and changed some fields, including the garage field, so maybe Sac Bee is not matching fields correctly yet on the filters.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:56 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,313,597 times
Or try Realtor.com where you can search by zip code among other criteria.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:54 PM

179 posts, read 768,852 times
Yeah, go directly to Homes and real estate in northern California - MetroList the official MLS That's what Sac Bee uses.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:27 PM

Thanks everyone. I've tried the official MLS site but having the same problem -- properties not showing up when I add the garage criteria. Looks like something got messed up in their upgrades. I've emailed them so hopefully they can fix this. I also noticed they get more hits than the SacBee listing. Looks like Sac Bee doesn't include homes that are pending sale?

I'll try the other sites too. Thanks!

Old 04-14-2008, 11:10 AM

71 posts, read 329,892 times
The month of March saw the largest number of homes go pending in the Sacramento area since the downturn began in July of 2005. Over 2800 homes went pending, and this is double the number of homes which went pending in February, so supply inventories are low and demand is high. There is currently only a 4.4 month supply of homes on the market, so it doesn't surprise me that you aren't getting the same number of results you once received on the MLS. I'm not getting them either, and I use the offical MLS! With Spring being peak home-buying season, those numbers aren't likely to improve much over the next few months. Just keep looking, and maybe something will pop up that you will like!

Old 04-14-2008, 02:45 PM

Thanks, Dyane. That explains why there are fewer homes overall, but the search I run drops lots of houses when I add in the "garage" criteria -- houses that do have the # of garages I specify just aren't listed. If I don't use the garage criteria, thoses houses will show up again (they're not pending since I've seen them at open house, etc).

Also, I noticed the official MLS often lists houses that are pending sale. Since those listings only show the asking price, how can we find out the actual sale price of the home? I think Zillow does it once it's recorded, but how can you find the sale price while it's still pending? Do realtors just call each other and ask to find out?

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
View detailed profiles of: