Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 06:04 PM

7,708 posts, read 5,448,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsky View Post
I used to live in Socal(Los Angeles and Irvine). Housing price is double for the same house you can get in Sacramento. The weather is very nice in the area closed to the beach.
You aren't exactly comparing apples to apples, though. Although the house my be comparable, other factors may not be. What part of Irvine, what part of Los Angeles are you comparing to what part of Sacramento?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 06:07 PM

7,708 posts, read 5,448,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLuBleen View Post
I was born and raised in Sacramento and moved to Southern California right after college. There isn't enough money in the world to bribe me to even visit Sacramento ever again. I absolutely loathed living there.
In order to understand your comparison better, what part of Southern California do you reside?

Old 05-28-2016, 08:33 AM

5 posts, read 8,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
Southern California is very Hollywood, celebrity driven, which is usually superficial. Northern California is more education and career driven.
San Diego is not Hollywood driven. it has it's own unique character and the people are very laid back and friendlier than most Southern Californian's. We have always been our own region in the South and never associated with the rest of the LA/OC/IE Southland triangle.

Old 05-28-2016, 08:50 AM

5 posts, read 8,382 times
So cal pros
Nice beaches where you can swim in
Better amusement park
Cheaper houses and apartments
Better looking people ( more sexy athletic looking to be frank - I still prefer the city preppy look/artsy hipster look of the Bay Area )
* sunny all year round
* don't need a coat for the winter
* even temperature throughout the day
* close to Mexico
* city is more alive
* much more crowds and people
* Hollywood , rodeo drive , entertainment business
* better clubs and night life
* celebrities
* Disney land , universal studio
* street food
Cons
* traffic ( somewhere 15 miles away can take up to 45-50 minutes to get to a location )
* any place with good food or drink will have a long wait if you go on weekends or lunch/dinner hours)
* pollution
* water isn't clean or good
* horrible public transportation
*people can be quite fake
* depending on which area you're in racism occurs
* not clean
* more materially driven
*much bigger crime rate ( unless you decide to live in Oakland / Richmond )
* never experiencing autumn
* louder /larger crowd/longer lines
* grocery and meat isn't as fresh

You forgot the world famous San Diego Zoo, Sea World, The San Diego Wild Animal Park and Legoland and you do need a coat for winter. It drops down in the 20's and 30's at night in many inland area's here during winter

Old 08-12-2016, 08:38 AM

643 posts, read 506,552 times
Is it cheaper to live in Sacramento than Los Angeles?

Old 08-13-2016, 12:37 AM

3,145 posts, read 2,657,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juventas View Post
Is it cheaper to live in Sacramento than Los Angeles?
yes! So much so.

Old 08-13-2016, 02:18 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,572,112 times
I am not seeing the "better looking people" view in Socal V Norcal, at all. I am a bay area native and still visit SF frequently, and I've seen some of the best looking women there that I've ever seen anywhere, period. It's an extremely competitive international city with moderate weather year round and a high COL, and with that you are going to get good looking people who are health conscious, out exercising, competing to move up in their careers. Quite frankly that claim is complete bull****. I've been to San Diego a gazillion times now and plenty of times to LA on business, and have not seen any tangible difference in this respect.

Old 08-14-2016, 04:54 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,007,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacite View Post
I am not seeing the "better looking people" view in Socal V Norcal, at all. I am a bay area native and still visit SF frequently, and I've seen some of the best looking women there that I've ever seen anywhere, period. It's an extremely competitive international city with moderate weather year round and a high COL, and with that you are going to get good looking people who are health conscious, out exercising, competing to move up in their careers. Quite frankly that claim is complete bull****. I've been to San Diego a gazillion times now and plenty of times to LA on business, and have not seen any tangible difference in this respect.
that's because like all Bay area native, you are delusional. My mom was a model by profession and later an agent for models who is now retired. The number of good-looking people in SoCal vs. NorCal is not even remotely comparable. Southern California is one of the main areas for the modeling, fashion, and entertainment industries, which requires people to look good.

These industries are virtually non existent in norcal,, save the amatuer no bodies. Just because you eat healthy, exercise, and work hard at your career does not mean you look good. That is just normal stuff you do to live your life well. Looking good is having superior genes.

Why do you think SF has more plastic surgeons per capita than LA? DUH, because people in SF are FUGLY.

Old 08-14-2016, 10:13 PM

3,145 posts, read 2,657,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
that's because like all Bay area native, you are delusional. My mom was a model by profession and later an agent for models who is now retired. The number of good-looking people in SoCal vs. NorCal is not even remotely comparable. Southern California is one of the main areas for the modeling, fashion, and entertainment industries, which requires people to look good.

These industries are virtually non existent in norcal,, save the amatuer no bodies. Just because you eat healthy, exercise, and work hard at your career does not mean you look good. That is just normal stuff you do to live your life well. Looking good is having superior genes.

Why do you think SF has more plastic surgeons per capita than LA? DUH, because people in SF are FUGLY.

Even though I'm a bay native and I love SF, this dude is right. Im not going to say that SF women are FUGLY but Sacramento have waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better looking women than the Bay Area. Sacramento is criminally underrated when it comes to good looking women. But LA is a whole different animal. I went to LA a few times and there's so many hot women out there it's redic.

Old 08-21-2016, 04:43 PM

290 posts, read 544,321 times
So cal has the ocean, vastly more things to do, far more variety in retail and entertainment, nice weather but expensive. It has its bad areas too.

Northern Cal has the rivers and skiing, has the ocean, a bit country bumpkin and backwards thinking in some areas, not always as much to do unless you are in the bay area, more affordable outside the bay area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento