Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Salem
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 10:58 AM

899 posts, read 2,943,145 times

Advertisements

Hi there
to begin with yesterday when Salem got the big down pours in early afternoon and some thunder bumpers my garden cheered and I to as now I don't have to get out there today and soak pots..The storm finally cleared the air out and some nice weather is on hand for this week.
Hot in the summer if it gets to 85 we start whinning like teenagers,if you want the 90 plus stuff just moved to Redding and Sacramento..The summers up here are great for what ever you want to do.We are about 100 miles or closer from the ocean that even on the hottest days we get the fickle finger of fog aka cool breeze in the evenings to cool it down.
The weather here is really easy to deal with..
Try it you might really like it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 07:31 PM

15 posts, read 31,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamh View Post
Hi there
Try it you might really like it..
I can't wait. Been working all week on clearing out the garage as the first step of getting the house ready to sell top of 2017. Thank goodness I'm not a whiny transplant type, I believe being taken in by a town is a blessing not a right. And that comparing a new place to an old one is nothing but trouble!

Old 07-29-2016, 04:27 PM

17 posts, read 16,150 times
Hi, I was thinking of moving to Salem Oregon and I was wondering how hot it gets. I'm in Nevada now and can't take the heat. It a dry heat.

Notsurewhere, today it is 97 degrees and dry heat. We've had a half dozen days that hot this summer. With no a/c, it's a bit rough. However, tomorrow it will slip back down to the mid-80s for the week, which is more usual for summer.

Hi, I am looking at moving to oregon and have been researching salem lately. I was just wondering what the weather is like (rain all the time?) and anything else you think I should know! Thanks!

brit_nit, I have been very happy with my move to Salem. The climate is absolutely wonderful for gardening. Winters are wet, but not terribly cold. Bend and Redmond are snowy. Salem is not. I only had to scrape frost off my windshield a few times this last winter. Summers are warm and fairly dry and sunny. Spring and fall go back and forth between rain and sunshine - very lovely. What else would you like to know about Salem?

Old 07-29-2016, 09:34 PM

If you read the my post on the 19th of june it will mention a much welcome rain that came threw the northern Willamette valley, it was nice the next rain we will see and you can bet a five dollar bill on it will be sometime during the 10 days of state fair which is the last 10 days of the month..it does it every year and does not keep anyone from having fun at the fair.
If you have a weather page that you regularly look at ad zip code 97305 to it that is the zip code for north salem and nearby Keizer..watch it every day and you will see how our weather is, its the best!
Oh and we had a fun thing happen in mid-June our Salem-Keizer Volcano's had a game rained out..They are a short season A farm club of the SF Giants and play from Fathers Day to Lobor Day..we had tickets for that game and they were honored at game we saw a couple of weeks ago..
So we all have answered your questions..Good luck

Old 07-29-2016, 09:38 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,909,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamh View Post
If you read the my post on the 19th of june it will mention a much welcome rain that came threw the northern Willamette valley, it was nice the next rain we will see and you can bet a five dollar bill on it will be sometime during the 10 days of state fair which is the last 10 days of the month..it does it every year and does not keep anyone from having fun at the fair.
If you have a weather page that you regularly look at ad zip code 97305 to it that is the zip code for north salem and nearby Keizer..watch it every day and you will see how our weather is, its the best!
Oh and we had a fun thing happen in mid-June our Salem-Keizer Volcano's had a game rained out..They are a short season A farm club of the SF Giants and play from Fathers Day to Lobor Day..we had tickets for that game and they were honored at game we saw a couple of weeks ago..
So we all have answered your questions..Good luck
What???!!! I am a Giants fan and how did I not know this? Holy Moly! You made my day and year and decade, if I still live in OR!

Old 07-30-2016, 09:07 AM

Yankeemama, yes the volcano's are farm team of the giants and many of the current players came threw here on there way
to the home club..Its just fun to go over to Keizer stadium and watch them.they play the Hillsboro hops aka Arizona diamond backs and other teams..Look up Salem-Keizer Volcanos web page..We were Oakland A's fans when we lived down in Suisun and now watch a whole bunch of Mariners games.We pick on the umpires ,take the cowbell and just have a grand time at the games...
So much for that have a good weekend everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Salem