Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 07:10 AM

1,710 posts, read 1,463,521 times

Advertisements

My vet in Atlanta recently moved from Park City. He owned a practice there for a while and he knows we want to move to the area. According to him fleas and ticks are a non issue and porcupines are more of a problem. He said even heart worm isnt a big deal out there. He usually spends more time reminiscing about Utah than talking about my dog. Really nice guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 08:31 AM

479 posts, read 1,015,497 times
Thanks Sammy! That's good to know!

Old 03-04-2012, 01:02 AM

973 posts, read 2,142,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
The jury is out whether or not Utah has fleas. *I*, in my own personal experience in the 18 years I have lived here, have never ever seen a flea. I have had dogs the entire time. In contrast, prior I lived in NJ and during the spring and summer, you couldn't MOVE without seeing a flea. If you do a lot of hiking, you could possibly come in contact with some and it is very possible that ticks are lurking in the wooded areas.
What she said. We've had issues in humid Ohio w/ fleas, bugs.etc.

Not here in Utah where it is drier. =)

Old 05-17-2012, 09:31 AM

479 posts, read 1,015,497 times
Just wanted to add an update to my post. My husband accepted the job offer in Utah and we found a house in the Daybreak area and are loving it!! Thanks to everyone who posted positive information on the areas that we were looking at!!
Quality of life is amazing!!

Old 05-17-2012, 11:56 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,599,761 times
Thanks for the update and welcome back. I hope you, your husband and your dog love being Utahns again.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:46 AM

1,294 posts, read 3,254,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingonagain777 View Post
Just wanted to add an update to my post. My husband accepted the job offer in Utah and we found a house in the Daybreak area and are loving it!! Thanks to everyone who posted positive information on the areas that we were looking at!!
Quality of life is amazing!!
I hope you have a nice move. However, just looking back at the rest of your questions, I would say that Daybreak does not have great air quality. You will be living in the inversion zone. Hopefully it won't be too bad this year.

Best of luck!

Old 05-21-2012, 12:48 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibarbie View Post
Suncrest gets a bad rap for a reason and the reason is unstable ground.
Can you give some examples of unstable ground up there? Are houses requiring foundation repair? Homes sliding off? What exactly is happening?

Old 05-21-2012, 01:11 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Usew the 'search this forum" feature to see past threads on Suncrest with links to articles.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:49 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Usew the 'search this forum" feature to see past threads on Suncrest with links to articles.
Not sure why you would respond in such a way. Technically you could give that same answer to 90% of the threads that are started in this particular forum.

I've seen nothing about homes sliding off their foundations or requiring any work in those threads or articles, THAT is why I asked. In those threads people speak also about the unstable ground (and provide geological reports to support their opinions), but I have not read about any direct issues with homes as a result. If skibarbie or any other poster has examples of homes needing repair because of poor soil quality, I'd like to know/read/be directed to that so I can know about it.

Thanks.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:40 PM

835 posts, read 2,076,951 times
Go to the SL Trib and Deseret News web pages and search for Suncrest/Traverse Mountain. I think it is a combination of development gone awry and maybe the City of Draper rubber stamping new neighborhoods. Unstable soil and building on lots with steep slopes/improper drainage etc. last I heard/read, the lawsuits are ongoing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area