Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2017, 10:20 AM

2 posts, read 2,103 times

Advertisements

Hi. Interested in relocating to SLC in about 6 months for work and outdoors (e.g. mountain biking, hiking, skiing). Assistance requested in apartment locations as I'm not familiar with the SLC area. Single, M, 38, coming from North Carolina.

Looking for 1 bedroom apartment no more than $950-ish a month. My office will be close to the SLC airport and willing to commute a little if location is close to trail heads for hiking or mountain biking.

Recommendations for 1 bedroom apartment locations/neighborhoods?

Last edited by PScherer79; 12-05-2017 at 11:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2017, 01:21 PM

18 posts, read 40,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PScherer79 View Post
Hi. Interested in relocating to SLC in about 6 months for work and outdoors (e.g. mountain biking, hiking, skiing). Assistance requested in apartment locations as I'm not familiar with the SLC area. Single, M, 38, coming from North Carolina.

Looking for 1 bedroom apartment no more than $950-ish a month. My office will be close to the SLC airport and willing to commute a little if location is close to trail heads for hiking or mountain biking.

Recommendations for 1 bedroom apartment locations/neighborhoods?
I can't recommend specific housing but I think you'll like anything around central/east/southeast of downtown and the commute would be easy. Most people would recommend Sugar House but I honestly think it's overrated and i'd go somewhere nearer to Liberty Park or downtown.

I have a couple of rental properties here so look at the market pretty closely. You would think in a city where you can easily find houses and condos between $200-300k, there'd be a plethora of apartment inventory for $950/month but it seems like most centrally located 1 bedroom apartments start around $1,200-1,300/month. It surprises me because that's how much you pay in cities where real estate is a lot more expensive.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:20 AM

199 posts, read 256,545 times
We moved from Florida in June and we settled on Foothill Place in the foothills near I-80 and Belt Route-215. It's a spectacular area and I am so glad we chose it. We have had some issues with the apartment, but management properly rectified the issue. We can't wait to get back into a house, but if you are looking for an apartment, this is a great location. One bedrooms are spacious as well. It takes us 15 minutes to get to both the airport and into the mountains for hiking. I also work in Park City and that is a 20 minute commute. I think the complex will meet your budget requirement (we are in a 2/1.5 townhouse for $1333).

Old 12-11-2017, 12:00 PM

2 posts, read 2,103 times
Thanks for the info. Scouting SLC next month and staying at a hotel on Foothill drive near I-80. Will be taking in SLC (apartment searching) and Park City (for fun).

Last edited by PScherer79; 12-11-2017 at 12:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
View detailed profiles of: