Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2012, 02:43 AM

160 posts, read 485,981 times

Advertisements

My hubby just found out he has to visit this fine city in 3 weeks. He will only be there for a 4 day business weekend, but his boss said most of the meetings will be done by 3pm or so. So......that begs the question, where are good places to eat and places to go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 07:25 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badatta2de View Post
My hubby just found out he has to visit this fine city in 3 weeks. He will only be there for a 4 day business weekend, but his boss said most of the meetings will be done by 3pm or so. So......that begs the question, where are good places to eat and places to go?
Will he have a car? If not, I'd strongly suggest he rent one. The answer to your question depends upon whether he's restricted to one small area (e.g. downtown).

Old 08-22-2012, 07:32 AM

684 posts, read 825,194 times
I visited Salt Lake City a few years back and believe Utah may be my favorite state in the Union.

I'd recommend going on the Temple Square Tour and going through the Beehive House if your husband likes the historical parts of a trip.

If he wants to see the local parks, there are a plethora of fine national parks in the area.

Also, NCAA sports are very big in the region with serious rivalries. They're a lot of fun as well.

There are museums and such as any big city would have, but I would say those are the most interesting experiences that will let you get a feel for Utah.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:46 AM

128 posts, read 267,950 times
They now have a sightseeing bus that goes all around the city as well which looks pretty cool.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:13 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
What price range for restaurents and where will he be staying?

Old 08-28-2012, 06:44 PM

160 posts, read 485,981 times
Thanks guys, sorry I didn't reply sooner but my laptop died!!! Yes he will be renting a car, berger, the bus thing sounds interesting! SouthernBelle, since it will be dinner for one....midrange I guess? $50~$75?
Tempus, we are history nuts so thanks.
Hubby will be staying at the convention center if that helps at all!

Old 08-28-2012, 08:07 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
For one that would be mid to upper range unless he orders expensive wine. The New Yorker, Bambara, Metropolitan, Ichiban for sushi all are worth a trip. So is a cheaper place, the Red Iguana. Looks a bit run-down but the food is fantastic. Search the forum as we duscussed food earlier this year.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:09 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badatta2de View Post
Thanks guys, sorry I didn't reply sooner but my laptop died!!! Yes he will be renting a car, berger, the bus thing sounds interesting!
The tour bus (open-air) appears to be a really good deal. It stops at 19 different places and you can get off and on as many times as you're interested or just take the whole round trip without getting off at all. I'm pretty sure the price is $31 for a one-day pass or $36 for a two-day pass.

Quote:
SouthernBelle, since it will be dinner for one....midrange I guess? $50~$75?
In Salt Lake City, you could probably get a pretty good meal for three for not much more than that.

Quote:
Hubby will be staying at the convention center if that helps at all!
I'm assuming you mean at the Marriott directly across from the convention center. I volunteer there Saturday afternoons. I'll try to write up some suggestions for him tomorrow. By the way, do you have the exact dates or at least which days of the week, as that will make a difference.

You live in Hawaii? Lucky you! My hubby and I went there for our 40th anniversary two years ago. We spent the actual evening of our anniversary on the top of Mauna Kea. It was probably the best vacation I've ever had in my life (and my first trip to Hawaii).

Last edited by Katzpur; 08-28-2012 at 09:19 PM..

Old 09-01-2012, 06:23 AM

370 posts, read 1,564,762 times
Two words; Gravity Hill. It will remind you that things are not always what they seem!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area