Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2010, 01:38 PM

Location: 281 north of 1604 - otherwise known as traffic hell
450 posts, read 1,598,947 times

Advertisements

as best I can tell there will no longer be an on ramp between my office (jefferson bank building) and nacodoches. The on ramp is about a 100 yards east of the building. IF you are on Harry Wurzbach, you will have a dedicated on ramp and will not be able to get to the access road.

I looked at the schematics on highwayman's website and this was what I was able to decipher. I could be misreading them and wrong, but I don't think so.

I drove down the access road for lunch today and what his site describes is basically what I saw.

sucks for me and all of the people working in this direct area. oh well.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 04:32 PM

4,323 posts, read 7,232,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dendox View Post
as best I can tell there will no longer be an on ramp between my office (jefferson bank building) and nacodoches. The on ramp is about a 100 yards east of the building. IF you are on Harry Wurzbach, you will have a dedicated on ramp and will not be able to get to the access road.

I looked at the schematics on highwayman's website and this was what I was able to decipher. I could be misreading them and wrong, but I don't think so.

I drove down the access road for lunch today and what his site describes is basically what I saw.

sucks for me and all of the people working in this direct area. oh well.
If I am interpreting the schematics correctly, if you are in the left lane of northbound Harry Wurzbach, that lane becomes a dedicated entrance ramp to westbound 410. If you are in the right lane of northbound Harry Wurzbach, you will merge with the westbound access road. The two northbound lanes of Harry Wurzbach would split just after you go under the 410 overpass over Harry Wurzbach, and I can already envision sand barrels getting smashed on a regular basis by indecisive drivers at that split. It does not appear you will be able to enter 410 West from the access road between Harry Wurzbach and Nacogdoches.

As far as getting on westbound 410 from the Jefferson Bank building, if you can catch the exit to Harry Wurzbach off the westbound 410 access road, you should be able to turn right onto Harry Wurbach at the traffic light, get in the left lane, and that would get you onto 410 West.

The alternative would be to go through the Nacogdoches intersection, and get on the soon-to-be 410 West entrance ramp just before Broadway (added to the plans by popular request!).

Old 07-15-2010, 04:52 PM

18,129 posts, read 25,278,015 times
I wonder how many more years is going to take for somebody to grab a broom and sweep (finish) the Nacogdoches turn around

Old 07-15-2010, 04:59 PM

61,693 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Endless, Dopo, endless... because so soon they finish it - they will tear it apart again...

Old 07-26-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I wonder how many more years is going to take for somebody to grab a broom and sweep (finish) the Nacogdoches turn around
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Endless, Dopo, endless... because so soon they finish it - they will tear it apart again...
I was stopped at the light at WB 410 & Nacogdoches earlier today, and noticed crews were in the process of reconstructing the WB to EB turnaround at Nacogdoches.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:05 PM

61,693 posts, read 87,077,794 times
I am afraid they are making this area to be really confusing ...

Old 07-27-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
I was stopped at the light at WB 410 & Nacogdoches earlier today, and noticed crews were in the process of reconstructing the WB to EB turnaround at Nacogdoches.
I noticed that today.
I guess one of the 7 guys that is working there read what I wrote here.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:07 AM

9,850 posts, read 13,693,812 times
A stretch of the turn only lane to get onto East bound 410 at Starcrest was opened Tuesday. In addition they opened both lanes of the frontage road in that area so now, when on that frontage road, you don't have to come to a complete stop for the traffic coming on to Perrin Beitel from 410 west. I was beyond estactic for that turn of events earlier in the week. They also moved all the rocks to begin actual work on the turn around there.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:51 AM

This project appears to be nearing completion. I noticed all lanes at Nacogdoches/410 are now open, even the turnarounds at Nacogdoches under 410. The new 410 westbound entrance ramp from Nacogdoches is also open.

They've even installed new City of S.A. blue street name signs (non-lighted type) on the overhead traffic signal arms, which is very unusual at this stage of a State project. But there is a problem, IMO. The street name signs for NE Loop 410 are mounted on the overhead traffic signal arm over both northbound and southbound Nacogdoches after you go under the overpass. Worse, the block numbers only point one direction, and it is the direction you can't turn at that point. If you did, you would be going the wrong way down a one-way access road. Seems like it would make more sense, as well as being less confusing, if the signs were mounted before going under the overpass. And why not show block numbers for both directions, so motorists know which direction goes higher, and which direction goes lower?

Old 10-30-2010, 03:17 PM

I'm sure everybody in San Antonio is in shock (sarcasm) once they saw that traffic got better on 410 during rush hour until you are 3 miles from "The I-35 funnel"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio