Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 10:58 PM

5 posts, read 21,317 times

Advertisements

Hi guys I have read many other threads trying to get information regarding apartments in San Antonio. I am a late twenties young professional married with an 18 month toddler. I am looking near the 78216 zip code. I will be working in the San Antonio Credit Union building at 901 NE Loop 410. I am looking in the 600 to 800 dollar range and am concerned about violence, rodents or roaches, and commute. I have used websites such as Rent.com and moveforfree.com but am being overwhelmed with the number of properties in the area that match fall in this price range for a 2 bedroom apartment. If I could get some recomendations on good apartments that meet this criteria it would be really appreciated. Also we would really love to find a home or duplex with a fenced backyard is that likely in this price range? Are their any good agencies that help in finding homes to rent I have only found ones that work with apartments? Any help in this area would be appreciated as we will be coming to San Antonio the 24th thru 28th of this month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 06:19 AM

27 posts, read 135,362 times
Try Lakeside Villas at Harry Wurzbach drive and Loop 410 - I worked down near Brackenridge park and lived there before I bought my house. There's also lots of other apartments in that neighborhood, and I always saw lots of young professionals, upscale but not snobbish feel. Also lots of long-time residents, 7-9 years of living there, so that says a lot!

If I had to move back into an apartment, Lakeside Villas would be the ones! Duck ponds (for the kiddo to feed the ducks), covered parking, multiple pools, laundry hookup in unit or coin operated, right in your price range, good workout room, jogging/walking trails through greenbelt (for pushing the kiddo in a stroller!), and helpful maintenance.

Lakeside Villas 8555 Laurens Lane, San Antonio, TX 78218-6059
. - Google Maps

I hope you enjoy this place as much as I did - I'd move back there hands-down. But like I said, while in the neighborhood you can see some older & newer complexes nearby.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:23 AM

129 posts, read 323,153 times
Habubak - shhhhhhh.......... don't give away the secret of Lakeside Villas!! LOL

Old 07-08-2010, 09:17 AM

Thank You, it appears the two bedroom units are slightly out of my price range. I am trying to stick to a budget to save buy a house. I have a great credit score but have been getting my master's degree the last two years and have no income history. I am looking for a place to stay for hopefully only one year to establish a track record of income. I am looking at apartments such as; Amesbury at Deerfield, Altamonte, Biltmore Park, Copperfield, Casa Pointe Villas (Sec 8 i think), Devonshire Condominium Leasing, Foxfire (possible favorite real close to work reasonable rent but is it clean and safe?), Oak Ridge Apartment Homes, Park Ridge Townhomes, Rock Canyon, Summer Oaks, Summit Ridge, SunRay, Whispering Oaks, andThe Winston. Any information on these or ones similiar, what about duplexes or small houses?

Old 07-08-2010, 09:44 PM

693 posts, read 1,501,756 times
I'd be careful about some of the apartments you listed near NW Military & Braesview & Larkspur. Also, the ones near Blanco & Parliament area. Some of them seem kind of sketchy and might be sec 8. I would go inside the complex to see if it seems safe to you. Some of those apartments have had fires before and people have been shot and/or killed.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:49 PM

Default Thanks

Hey thanks for the information, I have never lived in San Antonio so other then the given addressess I do not know what streets they are by. Do you know any of the apartments by name? Also is Blanco a bad area, that is the only road other then the Interstate I remember driving on when I interviewed and it did not look terrible, was I off?

Old 07-08-2010, 09:59 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,406,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by synch390 View Post
Habubak - shhhhhhh.......... don't give away the secret of Lakeside Villas!! LOL
Too bad the secret's out. J/K. I couldn't afford to live there anyway. I'm sure somebody who could would love to live near a duckpond though. How awesome that would be!

In any case here are some reviews of the place:

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl...ed=0CBYQqgUwAA

Old 07-08-2010, 10:10 PM

693 posts, read 1,501,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethfausett View Post
Hey thanks for the information, I have never lived in San Antonio so other then the given addressess I do not know what streets they are by. Do you know any of the apartments by name? Also is Blanco a bad area, that is the only road other then the Interstate I remember driving on when I interviewed and it did not look terrible, was I off?

It depends which part of Blanco you're on. That road is really long but the part outside of 410 and inside 1604 is not bad. The area is pretty safe for the most part. Just some of the apartments may not be that safe. Sorry I can't be of better help to you because I've never lived in them. Just driven around them a lot cause I'm in the area.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:39 PM

18,123 posts, read 25,266,042 times
Chelsea apartments is really close from there
They look nice, but I have no idea if it's actually nice or their prices.

I lived at Sunset Canyon for a year on Thousand Oaks and I thought it was fine.
The only problem is that I was told a few days before I moved out that the guy that lived there before me hung himself in the closet

Old 07-10-2010, 09:30 AM

117 posts, read 343,399 times
Most apartments run deals for signing a year lease, like a free month or 2 of rent. It seems to me that the prices are then a bit negotiable. If you stated that you can pay 800 a month and are willing to sign a year lease (combined with you good credit score) they be willing to accept your offer. Good luck with your search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio