Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 11:02 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,624,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69GSstage1 View Post
You also have to watch out for the red light cameras as well. I guess these municipalities have no other source of revenue other than issuing tickets.
you do know there is really no penalty for not paying them, right?

the wife was a dork and blatantly ran a red while making a right hand turn (camera across the street from crossroads mall). got a notice in the mail along with a picture and a link to a video. i know it wasnt me on that day, had to be her.

googled some info, found out they were civil infractions. shredded the notice and never looked back. checked my credit earlier this year (the camera violation was almost 2 years ago) and its not on my credit (only thing they can really do)...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 05:27 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave72 View Post
im sure we could all share our own horror stories, but heres my latest:

pulled over today for expired inspection sticker, given ticket, then when looking at my drivers licence notices that it says that I wear contacts so he asks if I have them in, I say yes I do, he says let me see your eyes, says, "i cant see them, i need you to take them out"

so the jerk has me take out my contact, right there in my car on the side of the road, no solution no nothing

I dont see how more people dont make a fuss about this, some tiny, worthless, municipality that cant balance their own budgets reigns havoc on San Antonio citizens unfortunate enough to drive through their little part of town.

I cant even imagine how much money they make a month in writing bull**** tickets, I mean dont get me wrong, its nice that these communities have police roaming around keeping the drugs and riff-raff out but just racking up tickets on people like this is simply an abuse of power

Why does ANYONE even drive in that town? I avoid AH and Balcones Hts like the plague. Can't you change your route? I'm sorry that you were stopped by such a jerk.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:41 PM

1,690 posts, read 3,618,395 times
Quote:
I avoid AH and Balcones Hts like the plague.
Same for me!!! Even though my job requires driving all over San Antonio I've NEVER driven into AH and BH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio