Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 03:30 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times

Advertisements

Discount Tire.... They match prices and with an appointment you're right in..

Another thing I liked about them was I had brought the car in for 4 new tires, they only had three so they gave me the next tier up in tires for the same cost as the ones I wanted originally.

Have used them for all my cars and my kids cars, not once have I ever had any issues with their service or the products they sell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 06:02 AM

948 posts, read 1,842,509 times
Well apparently they over charge because tires you bought 8 years ago cost more now than they did then.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:32 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan08 View Post
If you guys think that discount tire is reasonably priced, then you're paying too much for tires.

The same Falken Ziex 512's I have on my car now from my shop i used to go to in California I just got quoted $606 installed for 4 tires. I got mine for $380 installed. So im looking for a small time local shop that doesnt need to charge the extra money because they have to pay for their big time advertising, etc. The price difference im looking at from what i bought my last set for vs. what discount has them for is obviously HUGE.
What part of "price matching" do you not understand?!?

And good luck with getting a tire repaired for free that you got at your shop in California! I can take my vehicles with the tires I got from Discount Tire to any of their shops nationwide, and they'll take care of any problem I might have.

Of course, if there is something "special" about the deal you got, you can't expect a national chain to match that price. If your shop was willing to sell you those tires at that price, they should be as equally willing to provide you with a written estimate that you could take to Discount Tire. However, if it's a "special" deal (which you can also find in SA, but I am not sure I'd want to be cheap with something that my family's lives depend on on a daily basis!) then obviously they probably won't.

But it's your choice, I for one will continue to use Discount Tire as long as they treat me well; and so far they've done an excellent job of it!

Old 04-21-2011, 11:34 PM

74 posts, read 148,780 times
Sorry guys didn't mean to offend anyone. I didn't know there were so many discount tire shareholders and franchisees here. I'll be very supportive of discount tire from here on out.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:36 PM

74 posts, read 148,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzrd View Post
Well apparently they over charge because tires you bought 8 years ago cost more now than they did then.
And FYI....i bought them less than a year ago for the other car, same size.

And I commend you if you can get a set of tires to last 8 years.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:12 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,296,264 times
I've also heard very good things about Blue Ribbon Tire, but have not used them yet.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:44 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,123,776 times
Just got a coupon from them...$25 instant rebate when you buy 4 tires. Send me a direct message if you'd like me to forward this email offer to you.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:13 PM

487 posts, read 992,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan08 View Post
If you guys think that discount tire is reasonably priced, then you're paying too much for tires.

The same Falken Ziex 512's I have on my car now from my shop i used to go to in California I just got quoted $606 installed for 4 tires. I got mine for $380 installed. So im looking for a small time local shop that doesnt need to charge the extra money because they have to pay for their big time advertising, etc. The price difference im looking at from what i bought my last set for vs. what discount has them for is obviously HUGE.
Dude, don't ask for suggestions if you are not going to appreciate them.

By the way, I got my last set of tires at Sears, about 4 years ago. But since you don't like chains, disregard my comment.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:12 PM

181 posts, read 674,401 times
I love Homann tire. They're independently owned and have exceptional customer service. We stopped going to Discount after I went in for a nail in my tire and they wouldn't fix my flat because they said I needed all new tires. They said I would ruin my differential. My husband took my car to Homann and they inspected my tire and fixed it for $15. They also said that replacing all four tires was ridiculous. We're all for supporting local businesses. Plus, we get our oil changes done at Homann because they're one of the few places that carries Royal Purple oil.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:44 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,728,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amexicano View Post
Dude, don't ask for suggestions if you are not going to appreciate them.

By the way, I got my last set of tires at Sears, about 4 years ago. But since you don't like chains, disregard my comment.
In the OP's defense they said they didnt want chains and specifically pointed out Discount Tire and then everyone said "go to Discount Tire"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio