Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 09:44 AM

15 posts, read 60,640 times

Advertisements

I want to have my house numbers painted on my curb along with my alumni logo...does anyone know of a company/person who can do this? I can't seem to find anything on the internet!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 10:43 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,021,548 times
Curb Painter Pro

doesn't look like they do what you want but we have a company that comes around once a year or so and asks.....they probably know who it is.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:29 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,828,800 times
....and it IS (or was, at least) against city code to do so. I've never seen 'em enforce it, but last I heard, the city doesn't allow it....not that it stops anyone. Honestly, I've never seen the harm in it, since it should make it easier to find an address!

Old 06-15-2011, 12:26 PM

15 posts, read 60,640 times
It's not against city code. You just have to be a licensed business. Maybe those door-to-door, curb painting salesman get so much business from soliciting homeowners that they don't need to market in other ways. For as many people that have UT/ATM/Texas Tech/etc curb numbering I'm surpirsed no one has a contact number for a business that specializes in this.

Sec. 29-51. - License required; application for license; numbering specifications; penalty.
(a)
License required. It shall be unlawful for any person to maintain, own or operate a business which engages in painting house or street numbers on curbs or driveway approaches for pay, or to paint house or street numbers on curbs or driveway approaches for pay, unless said person has been issued a license for such business from the city, or is an employee of such a licensed person

Old 06-15-2011, 12:53 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,861,727 times
Maybe if you called a parking lot striping business, they'd be able to tell you who does curb addresses.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:53 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,828,800 times
Link doesn't work....but doesn't matter. As I said - last I heard they didn't allow it, but to me it was a help to have 'em, so it made no sense. Maybe it's more an issue of them being licensed (read: city collecting another fee).

Old 06-15-2011, 02:10 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,098,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
....and it IS (or was, at least) against city code to do so. I've never seen 'em enforce it, but last I heard, the city doesn't allow it....not that it stops anyone. Honestly, I've never seen the harm in it, since it should make it easier to find an address!
It MIGHT be against the deed restrictions of your HOA. It is against mine. A boy scout troop wanted to paint these numbers in my neighborhood as a fundraising project, until they were told they couldn't.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:09 PM

4,323 posts, read 7,229,965 times
I get flyers on my door from these curb-number painters about every couple of months--apparently different people each time. They usually ask that if you want the number painted, circle the service you want from what they have available on the flyer, and tape it on the outside of your door the next day.

I had this done several years ago on my driveway approach flanks, in response to one of those flyers. Somebody came down the street and collected the flyers, then they painted my number later that day, and then rang my doorbell and collected the money when they were done. Since my house number is clearly displayed on the front of the house, and also on the curbside mailbox, I've never bothered to have the painted numbers re-done. Kind of redundant, I guess.

Some of the flyers I get do offer a variety of logos/colors to choose from (at extra cost). These don't strike me as the type of businesses that you are likely to find in the yellow pages, or even the internet. Really, it appears to me the only investment would be a couple of cans of paint, and a set of stencils, and you're in business. I guess you pretty much have to catch one of them when they're canvassing your neighborhood, as they all seem to be kind of transient, and focus their efforts on one area at a time.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:54 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,585,665 times
I had a friend who cut out die cuts and painted his own!

Old 08-22-2011, 08:40 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,585,665 times
I just had a flyer left at my door.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 05-21-2017 at 07:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: